All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

themaintenanceshoppe
Helpful MS/Extra'er

RX7 60 tooth crank wheel 2 msd coils firing leading ignition

Post by themaintenanceshoppe »

IMG_0346.jpg
IMG_0347.jpg
Rotary 12a ported with intercooled supercharger. I am running msns1 v3 and I am willing to upgrade to ms2. I am running a 60-2 tooth wheel on the crankshaft "eccentric shaft". I am using the vb921 ignition output to a msd 6al ignition box to fire 2 ignition coils to fire the two leading spark plugs "wasted spark kind of". The two leading coil voltage primary sides are seeing over 550 volts on a peak voltage reader. The leading coils are VERY powerful. More of the basics are I am running 8 high impedence injectors, 4 in the intake manifold and 4 above the supercharger inlet. I also have an aquamist methanol injection system running independantly. I do not use an IAC motor.
The engine and car run perfectly with this setup I run .040 spark plug gap at 10,000 rpm and it screams through three mufflers!!! I also use an lci wideband for manual tuning at 12.5 afr at full boost of 14 psi.
I just started using EFI analytics for tuning before my car wreck. I preserved the fuel pumps, engine block, and injectors before it sat for 2 years looking for a 1985 gslse strut to repair front suspension.
I would like to run 2 additional MSD coils directly from the megasquirt, one for trailing #1 and one for trailing #2
My problem is every diagram says to use the stock CAS sensor and the stock second or third gen coils. I don't want to bolt stock junk on my tricked engine!!!!!

My problems are how do I program for 2 additional different coil outputs that fire the trailing #1 and #2 spark plugs from the 60-2 tooth wheel. What components and output channels do I use to fire the 2 trailing coils?

Pics are attached to help visualize the system setup. When looking at pics, keep in mind car has sat 2 years.

I would post pics but no forum in this day and age has a 1 mb pic size limit
themaintenanceshoppe
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: RX7 60 tooth crank wheel 2 msd coils firing leading igni

Message contains too few characters
HPIM1917.jpg
IMG_0348.jpg
themaintenanceshoppe
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: RX7 60 tooth crank wheel 2 msd coils firing leading igni