KL Surging

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

KLmaniac20
MS/Extra Newbie

KL Surging

Post by KLmaniac20 »

I am new to megasquirt and recently installed an ms1 v3.0 into my ford probe gt that has a KLZE. The ms1 only controls fuel and spark. The engine starts up good but it surges from 900rpm-2500rpm for about a minute and then stalls out. I have been trying to fix this with the afterstart enrichment setting. It doesn't seem to help at all when i try to change the settings. I have also tried to start it up with the iac unplugged. This made the surge come down a bit, but It still surges from 700-1200 and then stalls out within 10 seconds. I do live at 6000ft and it was about 45 F out if that helps. I don't know what else to try and would appreciate any suggestions into fixing this surge. Please feel free to ask any questions to help the diagnosis.
Last edited by KLmaniac20 on Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: KL Surging

Post by Matt Cramer »

:msq:
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
KLmaniac20
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by KLmaniac20 »

I just posted my current tune and data log above. I have been trying to load my stock CLT sensor resistance values into the ms1 using EasyTherm, but I keep getting an error 8020. I've tried this with the boot terminal shorted and without it shorted and I still get the same error message. When i test the port it says its connected. I don't know what else to try.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

The data log does not appear to capture a stall - can you log a bit longer and keep it going until it stalls?

Also, what sort of O2 sensor are you using?
KLmaniac20
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by KLmaniac20 »

Yes. I couldn't get it started for a while because it has been even colder here this past week in Colorado. I had to plug in my block heater to get it started again. I also changed some settings. I'm using the stock narrow band o2 sensor. My unit was bought from Probetalk, Megasquirt BB #4, and the directions for hooking up the stock o2 sensor wasn't very clear. So Its possible I could of wired it up incorrectly.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Consider upgrading to a wideband O2 sensor; that will make tuning WAY easier.

Try flattening out the spark table in the 700-1500 RPM range to dampen out the surge, then add in more spark at 500 RPM to help catch things when the RPM falls.
Michael
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Michael »

Probably not your present problem, but flood clear seems a bit low at 3 and in the log your TP barely moves. Any help?