Accel Enrichment weird behaviour

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

pepeleascov
MS/Extra Newbie

Accel Enrichment weird behaviour

Post by pepeleascov »

Hey guys, need some help here. New forum member, but I use the Megasquirt on a daily basis on 5 cars here.
So, yesterday, I was tuning the Accel Enrichment on the new car I installed it. The car is a VW Passat 1.8 20v naturally aspirated, no turbo (yet)

The car started to feel great on standing quick accel at about 10ms of added fuel on low Volt/s, but it started to give me that weird "spikes" on AFR.
I press the throttle, there's a little delay, then the mixture gets a little richer, ok. Then, it goes extremely lean, then go extremely rich, extremely lean an then stabilizes. Tried to figure it out but couldn't find what may be causing it.
The car is perfectly driveable without the accel enrichment (i.e. 50v/s threshold, so it never activates), but it struggles on the quick throttle accelerations to get the car moving from standing.
Also, if I trigger the accel enrich with the car running, it behaves the same way: It gives a "kick", then boggles down, then gives a hard kick, and after it kinda stabilizes the acceleration
Screen Shot 2015-01-06 at 22.30.40.png
Ignore the high threshold, i was finding the good point to not trigger an false accel.

If you guys need a complete datalog, for what parameters should i'll be looking ? I can post them right away if needed :D

Many thank's !!
VW Passat 1.8T 20v @ 16psi - Custom manifolds - MS2