Fuel injectors not Firing (EMS Pro)

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

BoostAddict
MS/Extra Newbie

Fuel injectors not Firing (EMS Pro)

Post by BoostAddict »

Hello Everybody,

This is my first megasquirt install, so I could use a hand with some troubleshooting. The vehicle is a 1997 VW Jetta with a turbo 16v, and using an EMS Pro.

For some reason my injectors are not firing. On the board, I see the LED for injector bank 1 flash but not 2. I've checked my grounds, wiring, tested my injectors, and borrowed a known working unit.

If anybody can provide me some direction on where to go from here, I would greatly appreciate the help.
E46 M3 MS3Pro Evo
BoostAddict
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Fuel injectors not Firing (EMS Pro)

Post by BoostAddict »

Just wanted to bump this and say that I updated the firmware, and now both of my injectors leds pulse when cranking. Still no injector fire though. I checked with a test light while crank and the megasquirt is not grounding the injector. I'm gonna check the wiring again, but if anybody has any ideas please share.

Thanks,

Justin
E46 M3 MS3Pro Evo
fintech
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by fintech »

Are you using VR or OPTO/Hall input? If using OPTO/HALL make sure the grey/black stripe wire called OPTOIN wire is grounded.
BoostAddict
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by BoostAddict »

fintech wrote:Are you using VR or OPTO/Hall input? If using OPTO/HALL make sure the grey/black stripe wire called OPTOIN wire is grounded.
I'm using an opto/halll sensor from my distributor for a tach signal. I have the grey/black wire going to the signal wire on the sensor. I get a tach signal in tuner studio while cranking.
E46 M3 MS3Pro Evo