I can not figure out what changed

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Johnston16v
MS/Extra Newbie

I can not figure out what changed

Post by Johnston16v »

HI everybody, I have a 1980 VW Rabbit with a Scirocco 16v (1.8l). Today I was attempting to tune the fuel map and had it running better than it was previously. Then after some time tweaking with it I had the engine off then went to start it and it was running horrible. I was datalogging when it was running well and I took a datalog after when it started running rough. This is my first attempt at MS and am not sure what I should be looking for in the datalogs. If anybody could tell me if something changed that I did not realize would be great, along with any tips or other info you guys could give for tuning would be greatly aappreciated.

MS v2.6.19 MS1/extra rev 029y4
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: I can not figure out what changed

Post by Matt Cramer »

Where exactly is the MAP sensor plumbed up?

Are the temperature sensor readings accurate?
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
Johnston16v
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Johnston16v »

Hi Matt thanks for your reply. I do not believe it has a map sensor. I have a GM style (2 wire) intake air temp sensor about a inch in front of the throttle body.
Johnston16v
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Johnston16v »

Sorry dumb answer. The map is what the vaccum line going to the ms is for correct? I have that hose going to my brake booster line before the check valve about 2" off the manifold. Also you asked if the temp readings are correct. How do I verify this? I know water temp in tuner studio is right on with my autometer temp gauge. I am unsure about the rest.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

It may run better with the vacuum line plumbed to the manifold.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
WillExoIX
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by WillExoIX »

Matt Cramer wrote:It may run better with the vacuum line plumbed to the manifold.
He might be alright with it there, iirc it is essentially on the manifold, but if it can be moved directly to the manifold easily I would move it.

Mine comes off the same T as the brake booster.
Megasquirt 2 V3.0 Running Msextra 3.4.2. in a 1989 Camaro RS .48AR/60mm Turbo 3.4L/700R4
Boost control, Fan control, Stepper IAC, Launch/Antilag, Working on the GMDIS, and Methanol injection
Johnston16v
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Johnston16v »

I will keep that in mind. It currently works so I'm happy with it. Has anyone found a difference in the two data logs that might help me with what my issue is? I'm almost to the point of re loading the base map I started with and tweaking it