Wierd Ve table.

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Listepik
MS/Extra Newbie

Wierd Ve table.

Post by Listepik »

Hi all, i have a opel astra i have fitted with MS1 extra.
firmware 029y4
tunerstudio 2.6.19

my setuo is a 1.6 C16se 8v. whit a medium tune.
i seem to have found out the injectors are approx 140 cc/min. but when i input that, the engine runs horrible rich and i have VE numbers around 1-2 just to make it fire.
but when i input 600 cc/min injectors i can make it run idle and start tuning, but still my VE numbers are around 15-30 in the areas i have made it run so far.
what am i doing wrong? and no i do not have a way to measure the fuel pressure right now.
Listepik
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Wierd Ve table.

Post by Listepik »

Now an update, and its Even wierder, in the idle cells the ve is around 12 15 but at wot and 3500 im fast approaching 250. I have a suspicion that my fuelpressure does not follow the vacum in the manifold, so maybe my regulator is defective, i have a spare i will try with :-)
but i hardly think that can account for the big difference in ve. The cam in the engine is rather aggressive.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Can you also post a data log of it running? A tune file is hard to evaluate in a vacuum unless someone else has a tune from the same engine on the same firmware.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
Listepik
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Listepik »

thanks, i might try that, but in the meantime i have discovered that if i unplug the vacum hose to the fuel regulator during idle, and plug the vacum hose form the intake, so it does not suck air in, the idle does not change, wich leads me to believe the fuelregulator does not regulate for the lower presure in the intake. this might explain why i have so low values at idle. simply because the pressure over the jets are greter at idle.