Required to compile *.inc for 'unknown' Wideband controller?

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

ami8break
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Required to compile *.inc for 'unknown' Wideband controller?

Post by ami8break »

Hello,
my MSed car has been off the road for 4 years (I have prefered to ride one of my bicycles), recently I had troubles to get it running proper again so I purchased 2 wideband controllers (http://www.breitband-lambda.de) and 4.2 O2 sensors *) to get more information about combustion. **)
Since my controller was not known in the hot MS1/Extra and MT days it is not included to select (either in code, *.ini files nor MT).

My knowledge of (MS in general and) compiling the code had gone lost in over the years...

I know that each sensor has its own *.inc look up table and it's required to copy them into the 'src' subfolder before compiling the assembler code. Ok, MAT and CLT sensor tables could be modified with ET4, but this does not work for wideband lamda sensors (or custom MAP sensors...).
I checked the 'src' folder of my used 0.29y4 code but I can't see any wideband sensor type!
I can't imagine that MS algorithm can run in cloed loop without the look up table of the used wideband sensor! Are they included/hidden in the *.h or *.lst file?

I guess I have to create my own breitband.inc table with 256 steps like modified temperature tables.
The manual says that equation for lambda 0.7....1.3 is:
y = 0.12 [lambda/Volt] * x + 0.7 [lambda]
y....lambda [lambda]
x....voltage [Volt]
Or does MS1 code need the equation for AFR
y = 2 [AFR/Volt] * x + 10 [AFR]
y...AFR [AFR]
x...voltage [Volt]
I hope I can avoid AFR, because I'd have to fight with switching the way of calculation from lambda (standard) to AFR (any RS232 commands) and petrol varies from 5 to 10% Ethanol.

Please tell me how I can include this wideband controller in MS1/Extra code.

When the code is compiled correctly I have to find out how to modify one of the *.ini files to select the unknown wideband sensor (when MT was written/updated some years ago). But this looks easier for me.

Later I'll try HiRes code (again) and TunerStudio...

Thank you helping an old man who got lost in modern MS world.
Best regards from Austria
»Horst

*) I need 2 sets because I use Dual Table in closed loop at my small flat two cylinder engine.
**) I found the mistake, A tiny entry in MT was wrong so EDIS run in limb home mode only (10°BTDC), but today I received the controllers so I MUST use them. :)
MS1 V2.2 MSnSExtra 025x1 'EDIS' MT2.25b627, flat twin, MPI, dual ego feedback

Re: Required to compile *.inc for 'unknown' Wideband control

Post by 2swe »

I'm driving regularly through Austria, but my "Deutsche spräche" is still poor...

http://www.breitband-lambda.de/files/Do ... .2014).pdf side 36.
If I understand it right, there are 4 options about wideband controller output, one of them is 0-5V 10-20 AFR, MegaTune "knows" an innovate PLX 0-5V 10-20AFR, so I would try it first.

another option is editing file "lambdaSensors.ini" in tunerstudio/inc folder. I believe this file has something to do with the way CPU understands the EGO adc. Maybe this info is loaded into ECU together with *.msq ???
1978 vw golf gti 16v itb cop full sequential MS2
1992 vw corrado 16v moonlight blue MS2