connect MS to engine just to log current parameters?

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

jrmr
MS/Extra Newbie

connect MS to engine just to log current parameters?

Post by jrmr »

Hi there. I have been trawling around here for a while and have since built a MS1 V2.2 I purchased from a place in NZ. It was the closest place to Aus. The guy suggested that an MS1 V2.2 would be more than good enough for a BMW M10 conversion so that is what I bought.

I have been wondering if it is worth while to connect the MS to my engine to just 'listen' and log what is happening rather than control it. I could connect my crank VR sensor, MAP sensor, tacho input, throttle position sensor, wideband O2, coolant and try to log the relevant items using TunerStudio? Would this info help build a base map for the engine before I remove the K Jetronic and fit an EFI manifold etc?

Forgive me if I have completely missed the point... I finished building the PCB and tested it with a Stim board using Megatune. I have not yet paid for registration of tuner studio. I have not logged anything yet.
ihateforums
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: connect MS to engine just to log current parameters?

Post by ihateforums »

That would be a good way to test that the MS ECU and everything connected to it is working properly, before dismantling the stock system. It won't be much help with creating VE/advance tables though, since the MS has no way to log fuel/spark parameters when it isn't controlling them.