Ems-pro (ms1/extra) help with Toyota 2rz turbo

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Rick8282
MS/Extra Newbie

Ems-pro (ms1/extra) help with Toyota 2rz turbo

Post by Rick8282 »

My Toyota is 36-2 I found all the setting for ms2 but have lucked out with ms1. I have it starting and running but can't get it to idle. This is my 1st time with standalone or tuning. I feel like I have something set up wrong. It will fire and I can keep it running and rev it but no idle. Played with spark and ve tables. I fell like something is wrong in my spark setting.

Running ls2 (d585) coils in wasted spark. I don't know what to put for "Spark Inverted Output" the truck runs both ways. I know from researching other people's ms2 set ups Tooth #1 Angle: 95.

Truck smells really rich. But when trying to get it to idle I have to pump the gas a lot.

Let's get this figured out before I take a 5 gal gas can and road flare to my truck. Lol
crawler.msq
2015-06-28_21.39.25.msl
2015-06-28_21.51.03.msl
stoney0024
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Ems-pro (ms1/extra) help with Toyota 2rz turbo

Post by stoney0024 »

http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms1extra/MS_ ... htm#before

Get the Engine Started and Idling

Procedure for tuning:

1 - Get engine starting using Cranking PW only! (Starting is cranking untill it picks up naturally usually <300RPM)
2 - Once it starts keep engine running with req_fuel adjustments or VE table adjustments.
3 - Once engine up to operating temperature reset req_fuel (if altered) to it's original value and re-scale VE table as shown below.
4 - Ensure Idle is clean and stable by tuning VE table values around idle position. (It is important to get a good idle before driving the car)
5 - Next time you start the engine cold DO NOT adjust VE table to get it running well untill its warm, only adjust Warm Up Enrichment at correct temperature bin.
6 - Try starting engine at different temperatures from cold to hot and adjust Cranking PW and Afterstart, again, do NOT adjust fuel map untill warm.
Rick8282
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Rick8282 »

yup did that couldn't get it to idle, added fuel, took fuel away no real change. even went back to req_fuel and changed the numbers alot both ways still no real change.
stoney0024
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by stoney0024 »

did u let it warm up completely?
what is your base fuel pressure? 90?
Rick8282
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Rick8282 »

yes, sadly Ive been messing with this for a few weeks now.
I start the truck keep it running whale the computer boots up, when it gets to around 180 i start changing things.
Rick8282
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Rick8282 »

I got it to idle. Kinda ruff and at 1300-1500 rpms. I had to take the req-fuel from 7.4 (that's the number it came up with entering my info) to 11.5? Is that right? Is it normal that it (the req-fuel) could be that far off?