Rpm spikes causing misfires

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Turbo_tracker
MS/Extra Newbie

Rpm spikes causing misfires

Post by Turbo_tracker »

Hi to all,
I been messing around with my car wich is a 91 geo tracker with toyota axles and 33 inch tires: got into megasquirt 1 3.0 pcb cause I decided to turbo the engine, its a 1.6 liter 4 cyl 8valves, originally was tbi, but i modified it to have one injector per cylinder with the stock intake manifold, stock tps, coil is fired via megasquirt and crank signal is with dizzy stock hall sensor, stock coil also.

Been running good for two years with hi z injectors, but now I made a custom intake, a larger duration camshaft and low z injectors: the problem now is im having rpm spikes around 2500 rpms randomly all the way up to 10k rpms and affect duty cycle from what I see in the log, tps doesnt seem to move around otherwise when i accelerate, battry voltage does spike hi or low sometimes but not at the same time as the rpm spikes, there another reading than jums around wich is called engine but I dont know what it means.
I have been moving around pwm for injectors from 25 to around 55 with the flyback wired but the spikes still happen, but a little less at the higer pwm settings, i did move the power supply for both tip 125 out to spare 4 and wired it to the injector power solenoid but dint helped any, once I placed injector power wire directly to battery + terminal and the spikes almost got away, still it was just revving the engine at no load, but every time I placed the ignition swith at the off position the injectors started " clicking" somehow being activated or switched on-off-on-off until I disconectedpower to them( this was before moving tip power of to spare 4.

Im attaching the log and tune from last night, i did stop for a while to fill the tank and then drove for a couple more moments.

Any help or comments will greatly be appreciated
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Rpm spikes causing misfires

Post by DaveEFI »

Run an injector driver feed from the battery via a relay switched by your main relay?
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.
Turbo_tracker
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Rpm spikes causing misfires

Post by Turbo_tracker »

Well, what I did this weekend was install a honda accord resistor pack and run the injectors as hi impedance: almost all the issues were solved, but dont really feel the car is pushing as hard as it used to be, but it may be solved with a little bit of tweaking the spark table