Zetec on ITBs setup??

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

radiogareth
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Zetec on ITBs setup??

Post by radiogareth »

Back in 2008 I had a Honda 90 single cylinder running dual fuel maps on a MS1 Extra (12*12) and it worked very well. I'm now helping my son Josh sort out the running of his 2.0 Silvertop Zetec on a set of 4 Triumph Daytona throttle bodies (1&1/3 bikes worth). Injectors have been replaced by new 442 cc/min units originally for a Focus RS Mk 1. I'm using a paid for copy of Tunerstudio on a MS1 V 3.0 originally set up for VR and wasted spark coil packs. (built by Phil).
Comms are fine with the laptop, I'm getting IAT, Coolant and TPS but no rpm when cranking. I've traced the VR signal with scope (great) and the squarewave driving the opto-coupler - ditto. Tunerstudio shows a good signal in the Triggerlogger. I think I have configured it right, Spark A and B, 36-1 but I'm now getting a configure error. I have spark A on LED 17 and Spark B on LED 19. Not sure where my rpm signal has gone.....

Any suggestions.......I'm wading through so many manuals that I'm lost.....

Thanks, Gareth
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Zetec on ITBs setup??

Post by Matt Cramer »

You have enabled the wheel decoder, but have not set the trigger teeth. See this link for how to do that.

http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms1extra/MS_ ... #wheelsoft
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
radiogareth
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by radiogareth »

Thanks Matt, I'm making progress now. The trigger had also been wired to the inverted output, and since I had my VR sensor the right way round I was getting a 36-2 trigger pulse. Switching that over sorted that, 36-1. I now have RPM and spark on two plugs. I have traced all the wiring (an inherited system) and confirmed that both Coil drivers are correct. I'm only getting a trigger signal to one of them though (LED19), so now checking in case some link is missing somewhere. I've joined the drive of the non-working to the working and get 4 sparks, so I know the hardware is OK. More perusal of the diagrams.....

Cheers

Gareth
radiogareth
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by radiogareth »

Matt, That file you linked to - RESULT!! Don't know where I got my settings from but put those in and bingo, 2*2 sparks, alternating. It gets fuel tomorrow :-)

Thanks

Gareth
radiogareth
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by radiogareth »

And its now running, with a MAP plenum and ICS added, still work in progress. :-)