ms1 - Power up issues.

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

ikan181
MS/Extra Newbie

ms1 - Power up issues.

Post by ikan181 »

i have an issue with my controller. whenever it rains the ecu will not power up the next day until the time get warm. the ecu is not wet and no sign of water in or around the ecu. help really needed as this is a pain in the morning when i'm to go to work.
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: ms1 - Power up issues.

Post by slow_hemi6 »

Check the sensors that have Vref (+5v) go out to them are not getting wet and shorting out/overloading the voltage regulator. It will shut down if more than 1 amp is drawn.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
ikan181
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by ikan181 »

its not the sensor, i unplug all the sensors and turn on ecu no power up. I check 12v and 5v areas of the v board, and they are ok. when i connect to the computer nothing. i have to wait a long time when time gets warmer then it will power up without any issues.
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by DaveEFI »

ikan181 wrote:its not the sensor, i unplug all the sensors and turn on ecu no power up. I check 12v and 5v areas of the v board, and they are ok. when i connect to the computer nothing. i have to wait a long time when time gets warmer then it will power up without any issues.
If you are seeing 12v and 5v it sounds like it is powering up. Do you mean it doesn't work at all - or just that you can't communicate with your PC?
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.
ikan181
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by ikan181 »

the led don't light up, car wont start and unable to communicate to ecu. whenever it happens again i'm going to check the 5v areas just to be sure.
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by DaveEFI »

Examine all the soldering to the 40 pin processor socket under a strong light with a magnifying glass. Make sure the solder has flowed to both sides of the PCB. Remove the processor (lever out a bit at a time from both ends) and check the pins and sockets look OK. Clean the socket and pins with a good electronics cleaner spray.
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.