Supercharged MX5 stalled and won't restart.

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

mx5rc
MS/Extra Newbie

Supercharged MX5 stalled and won't restart.

Post by mx5rc »

I've signed up in the hope that you guys will be able to help me shed some light and get my car running again after months of it being inactive. Before i start i apologise for my limited knowledge on MS, i'll try and give as much info as i can. I've tried to attach the current tune, hopefully this is correct.

My car is a mazda mx5 1.8 with a jackson racing supercharger kit. It has PnP MS1 built by DIYautotune. It uses a cam angle sensor, MAP sensor and wideband lambda.

A few months ago while pulling into my driveway my engine cut out. To begin with it would run for around 2/3 seconds then cut out again (sounded like it was running for the exact same amount of time each time). After this is has progressed to the point of not starting, cranking and spluttering but never starting.

I put up a thread on an MX5 forum, It flagged up that i should check ignition components, which i did. After plugging in my laptop It was then noted that my MAP/BARO readings were way off. I removed the ECU and sent it to an MX5 tuner who said the map and baro sensors had bad connections and he re soldered them and tested the ECU before sending it back. He got 98kPa on his test. I excitedly plugged it back in and was greeted with the same non-running car. The sensors were also still reading strangely. circa 18kPa MAP/70kPa Baro.

Would these sensors being this off stop the car starting? one of my concerns is that they always read like this and that i'm chasing the wrong problem?

Huge thanks for any help, i really need my car back!