AEM X-series wideband reading

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

sandman1111
MS/Extra Newbie

AEM X-series wideband reading

Post by sandman1111 »

Hello

i just installed AEM X-series wideband. The readings are around 5. off compared to tunerstudio. The AEM probably reads correct. I had lc-1 previously, and the gauge readings are very similar. Lc-1 and tunerstudio were also off. by 1-1.5.

MS1 get its ground from engine block. 12v comes from fusebox.

Wideband gets its ground from steering column ground. 12v from the same fusebox, but under different fuse.

Questions:
I have connected the analog +, is there a place to connect analog - ?
Should I connect the Wideband 12v inside the MS, where the MS 12v is soldered?
Should I connect the wideband ground inside the MS, where the MS ground is soldered, or solder it to the fusebox, where the MS is soldered?

All help is welcomed.

Thanks
Rick Finsta
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: AEM X-series wideband reading

Post by Rick Finsta »

First thing to try is to ground everything at the same point.
benckj
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by benckj »

Contrary to the MS and IC2 directions I had to install multiple ground wires (MS & O2 to engine block and O2 gauge to local ground by dash). This was the only way I could reduce the noise in TS. I then selected generic wideband in TS and used my own cal values to the readings between gauge and TS agreed. They were off by around 1%AFR between my gauge which agreed with the Tuners wideband. Tuner also tested values by reducing VE at idle until engine started to miss. This occurs around 15.2AFR. Good cross-reference check before starting to use VEAL.

jim
Toyota MR2 98 3sgte
MSPNP2 with 3.57 mainboard
Innovate WB O2 & soon to be external GM 3 bar MAP
FTDI USB interface on SD Android 5.1 head unit
TD05SL2-18g with external WG
HKS EBC running 17psi boost.
A2W IC with WI 50/50 meth/water
sandman1111
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by sandman1111 »

Thanks guys. I managed to fix my problem. I soldered the brown wire (analog -) to MS ground (pin2) , and bow the numbers match. I do have a strange autotune problem, that with very light load it wants to tune afr horribly lean, didn't have that problem with using lc-1. No idea why it wants to do that. Anyway I locked the cells, and everywhere else it changes ve correctly.