HELP-MSPNP 1 Firmware Issue

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

cruisin
Helpful MS/Extra'er

HELP-MSPNP 1 Firmware Issue

Post by cruisin »

Hey,

Looking to see if anyone can help me with a ECU or firmware issue im having.

Running a MSPNP 1 90-93 miata ecu, worked great up until recently. Was running MSnS Extra 029q.

I tried to load HiRes firmware last Saturday, It failed right near the end of the load, did not do the final boot check at the end i think. Also my main relay went out, i believe during the firmware load attempt. This caused a few more problems, which i think are resolved now.

Anyways, i have been attempting to reload the old firmware back on. I have had a few successful loads. Would get over 1700 lines, said that it was complete, ecu lights come on, fuel pump primes, gets detected by tuner studio, can create a project and load tune etc. How ever, one time when i attempted to start the car i would get fuel during cranking but not spark. When i put key back to ON after cranking it would backfire, so it sparked at that point. Another time after what seemed to be a successful firmware load i would get spark during cranking but not fuel. So still not starting by then. Both these firmware loads were with boot jumper in place.

Then i attempted a firmware load without boot jumper, said it was successful, showed 12.5V for controller, ask to load map etc. I got it set up once again with tuner studio. Now the car would start but ran like crap; if i did not hold throttle it would stall, PW and DC values were out to lunch, afr's pig rich, spark angle at like 55, etc. Will post a log and tune file from this start up.

Always had the coils unplugged for firmware loads.

Is my ECU acting up or is the firmware not going on properly?

If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated, super frustrated with this!
generalleclercq
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: HELP-MSPNP 1 Firmware Issue

Post by generalleclercq »

I have the same error
https://youtu.be/j-YWP6f-EXI
I can't upgrade my megasquirt I have ever this error
cruisin
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by cruisin »

generalleclercq

For the error you are getting that is if you are not using the boot jumper on the ms board. Do you have it jumpered?

Try telling it Y and have the boot jumper installed.
generalleclercq
MS/Extra Newbie

Yes I have install the jumper
cruisin
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by cruisin »

Are you going from standard code or something newer?

If you are going from something newer, then tell it N and do not use the boot jumper. See what happens.

I would just keep trying both ways, either telling it Y and using jumper or N without jumper and see if you can get it to go.

This is not related to my issue as i have something else wrong.
generalleclercq
MS/Extra Newbie

ms1/extra rev 029y4***************
generalleclercq
MS/Extra Newbie

I use jumper and choose yes