Trigger angle settings msns

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

oskarax
MS/Extra Newbie

Trigger angle settings msns

Post by oskarax »

Hi!

Ive tried other forums regarding my issue but nobody has been able to help me.

I have a BMW m10 engine, it has Megasquirt 1 v.3, distributor, msd al6. The MS gets its engine speed signal from the camshaft with 4 trigger points with 90 degrees apart.

Now i bought the car with this setup and everything was working fine. During last winter the engine got a complete rebuild and everything was put back together as it was. But now i have a problem. I grab my stroblight and check my ignition and it shows around 20-30 degress ATDC!! The engine is barely running. It doesent matter whats ill do i cant get the timing correct again. The only thing i can do is to decrese the trigger angle from around 50 to 0, then i can get the timing to around 0 degrees. But it will not go to BTDC.

I am no expert at this but ive checked everything that i now but im stuck. What has happend? Im i missing something? The engine ran great before teardown and now i have 30 degrees ignition ATDC.

i do not have a log atm, if needed i can provide one!

Please if anyone can help me i would be very grateful
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Trigger angle settings msns

Post by Matt Cramer »

It sounds like the distributor may be off a tooth.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
oskarax
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by oskarax »

Ive been told that The dizzy only delivers The spark. It has nothing to do with when it sparks. Today my spark settings is gone in tunerstudio. I havent touch anything and now its all Grey.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Where are those four trigger points located?
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X