MS1 w/ MAPDaddy

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Six_Shooter
Super MS/Extra'er

MS1 w/ MAPDaddy

Post by Six_Shooter »

I have an MS1 that has a MAPDaddy sensor installed. I bought it this way, and while I don't plan to actually use the MS1 with the MAPdaddy, I do want to try to figure out an issue I am experiencing in the setup of it.

So, MS1 029Y4, V3.0 board, MAPDaddy installed.

When I connect via Tuner Studio I see that the "Engine MAP" is reading 66 KPA, regardless of what map sensor setting I use. This seems to indicate that the sensor type is set to the 250 kpa sensor, not the 400 kpa sensor.

I see there's a MAP warning that states that Megatune must be used to enable 3 or 4 BAR MAP sensor types. I tried using Megatune and can't really make heads or tails of it and the only sensor types were 115 and 250 kpa sensors when I did get it to run.

So what am I missing here on how to set the MAP type with this MS1?

--==EDIT==--

I have noticed that if I change the sensor type, the spark advance will change, so it seems that internally the MAP sensor change is recognized but the gauge is not displaying correctly.
Tha Toy: 1973 Datsun 240Z Turbocharged, and loads of fun, now MS'd
Tha Otha Toy: 1923 T-bucket Hot Rod, Currently Sniper'd
Tha Daily: 2005 Chevy Blazer
Tha Summer Daily: 1987 Buick Skyhawk hatchback
Tha Long Term Project: 1985 GMC S-10 Jimmy, hasn't been fun for a while
Six_Shooter
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: MS1 w/ MAPDaddy

Post by Six_Shooter »

Ok, I figured it out...

The MAP settings under "Basic/Load Settings" seems to only set internal (to the MS) settings for MAP sensor use.

Going to File>Vehicle Projects>Project Properties and then clicking on the Settings tab allowed me to change the MAP sensor type there, which then seems to be a Tuner Studio setting to display correctly.
Tha Toy: 1973 Datsun 240Z Turbocharged, and loads of fun, now MS'd
Tha Otha Toy: 1923 T-bucket Hot Rod, Currently Sniper'd
Tha Daily: 2005 Chevy Blazer
Tha Summer Daily: 1987 Buick Skyhawk hatchback
Tha Long Term Project: 1985 GMC S-10 Jimmy, hasn't been fun for a while