How to calibrate temp sensors?

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Multi68stang
MS/Extra Newbie

How to calibrate temp sensors?

Post by Multi68stang »

Running TunerStudios MS v2.6.19 with a eMs-pro.
Car is a '89 Mustang with 5.0, car still has stock TFI & stock Ford sensors.

Been trying to get it to crank but been having trouble. After a while I noticed that my temp sensors read way to low, my air temp sensor is reading around 12 degrees Fahrenheit while my coolant temp sensor is reading about 19%. Also there is a rectangle beside the temp numbers that I am not not sure about. If I unplug sensors the air temp sensor doesn't change while the coolant temp will go up to 40%. This is on a 70 degree day so I'm sure it is definitely throwing my settings off.

After doing some researching I found that the temp sensors can be calibrated through the Tools section but when I open up Tools I only have the option to calibrate the TPS. Is there another way to calibrate the temp sensors? Also I've read that the MS is setup for GM temp sensors, could it be the Ford sensors throwing it off & would it be better to swap to GM temp sensors?
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: How to calibrate temp sensors?

Post by slow_hemi6 »

EMS pro was based on the MS1 so you would have to use the EasyTherm program to change the calibration. Diy Autotune might have some links or tutorials how to use it or something might turn up searching here.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
Multi68stang
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Multi68stang »

Thanks, I'm definitely going to look into it.

Kinda wished I went with a MS2 on this car...
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

You can get a copy of EasyTherm here.

https://www.diyautotune.com/wp-content/ ... m_Full.zip

It's not nearly as easy as with MS2, but you should see what hoops you had to jump through BEFORE this was out!
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
Multi68stang
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Multi68stang »

Thanks for the link. If I had known what I know now I would have gone with the MS2. While the MS1 Extra is a good piece this is my first time messing with something like this & the MS2 seems to have a lot more info on it over the net compared to the MS1 Extra.