Car cutting out/resets help please

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

swifty
MS/Extra Newbie

Car cutting out/resets help please

Post by swifty »

Hi all

I haven't been on here for a while (a good few years) simply because the cars been running great, consequently I have got a little rusty as to what is what and need to get my head back into it, the problems I'm experiencing are as follows, when I did a end of season shakedown trackday in December to get a few things sorted for this years racing the car randomly died on me although my dash gauges etc etc all stayed powered up and I found as soon as I stopped if I turned the car off and on again it all fired back up and ran fine again during the cause of the day it happened around 3 or 4 times.
When I've looked back at the datalogs I can see a lot of dips in the 12v battery trace (bearing in mind it only physically cut out 3 times) another thing I noticed was the CLT and MAP and Spark advance all seem to be effected at the same time.
When I looked around the car I found the ecu main 37pin plug to be slightly loose and when I done some logs playing with the plug pulling it half out I got a very similar trace however the bit I'm struggling with is when I was playing with the plug the car cut out I plugged it back in quick and it cut back in where as on the trackday I needed to turn the car of and on again to get it to power back up so not sure if I'm going up the right path with that theory, what if anything could cause the ecu to "trip out" and need resetting???
Another thing I have noticed is it looks to me like I'm getting a lot of what you guys refer to as "resets" couple of things on this what actually are resets and has anyone got any information on SecL as like I said I'm a bit rusty.

I have attatched some logs and I am currently looking at and renewing my earths etc
Any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks Matt

P.S. sorry I'm at work at the moment and it looks like I've copied a lot of the logs mdl files instead of msl I have a few though and will update when I'm home with some more logs thanks
swifty
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Car cutting out/resets help please

Post by swifty »

some more logs hopefully there helpful
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Does the problem only happen on the car, or can you duplicate it on a Stim?
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
swifty
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by swifty »

Hi i haven't got a sim to test it but I have had it powered up on the bench to see if the power supply was getting hot a shutting down etc but it stay on for a good 2-3hours fine are the sims readily available
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

OK. Where is the MS grounded?
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
swifty
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by swifty »

Onto the intake manifold with everything else but I'm now looking at separating a few things
jsdevel
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by jsdevel »

What was the result? I'm currently trying to track down a similar issue on my car.