Single Injector TBI Configuration

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Red0ktober
MS/Extra Newbie

Single Injector TBI Configuration

Post by Red0ktober »

I admit I have not tested this in a little while, but I'm about to revive this project.

I'm converting an Opel 1.9L CIH engine to TBI using some leftover bits for the 24 Hours of LeMons Rally. I have a damaged but functionally repaired 3.0 board and an MS1 chip (I could use MS2, but it doesn't seem necessary).

Last time I had this on the stim, the MS was configured for one injector, but the stim was showing both injector drivers firing, either alternating or simultaneous depending on configuration. I'm going to be using an Iron Duke TBI unit which only has a single injector. Is this behavior correct? Is the MS balancing the load between both drivers? So should both drivers be wired to the single injector? Or does the MS not know how to run a single injector setup?

Red0ktober
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Single Injector TBI Configuration

Post by Red0ktober »

I will have to run MS2 if I'm going to use the stepper IAC on the TBI unit, so I guess I'll plan on that.
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by kjones6039 »

Not sure about MS1 but i tried this out on my MS2 on a stim and it worked fine by setting MS to 1 injector, simultaneous. Set up this way you could use either injector channel for your single injector.

Ken
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
MS2 v3 w/extra 3.4.2 Release
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
Spartan Lambda Sensor from 14point7
TinyIOX from JBPerformance
Red0ktober
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Red0ktober »

The fact that it was still alternating both injector drivers when set to a single injector left me wondering if the logic being used was correct. I'll try running it on simultaneous and wired to one injector driver and see what happens. I suppose if it isn't fueling right I could tell it that it has two injectors of half the actual flow rate and set it to simultaneous, maybe?