Rb25 charging issue

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

jsntckr
MS/Extra Newbie

Rb25 charging issue

Post by jsntckr »

I have an rb25 running on ms3pro with a gt101 sensor on the can and crank. Engine was running perfectly and making good power, idle. No issues. I remade a new harness because of the last one being a messy bird nest. Everything is wired the same now and just cleaner. All sensors working correctly. Engine starts perfectly. As soon as the alternator starts to raise the vt age after startup to 14.5 ish the engine runs lean and is almost impossible to keep alive. It will start and rev. If I remove the power cable from the alternator and run on battery power alone, it's stays running very very well.

Please let me know what type of log or what elseems I can post to fix this. I amean using the same exact tune as before, not changes so I know it isn't a battery offset issue. Thanks
old guy
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Rb25 charging issue

Post by old guy »

Sounds like you have a faulty alternator.
jsntckr
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by jsntckr »

Installed new alternator this morning. Same thing is happening
jsntckr
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by jsntckr »

Here is the tune
CRSTune
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by CRSTune »

Couple of things:

-What fuel are you using? Your req fuel target stoich is 11.5AFR.
-What injectors are you using (size/brand)?

The reason I ask is because for one thing, I cannot determine what your req fuel value should be. If I use 14.7 stoich AFR, I get a value of 1.4ms but the tune is set to use 2.3ms. Besides that, the value is quite low. The fact that you're running 2000cc injectors (according to the calibration) as well as the default injector deadtime curve makes me believe that you're getting into the small pulsewidth sections of the injector at idle, which is going to cause all sorts of issues with getting the correct AFR without a non-linear injector correction (which is currently off).

In addition, your VE table values appear to be extremely low. You have a fuel stoich value set to 11.5AFR but you're commanding a pump gas stoich of 14.7AFR in the AFR target table (see first question).

Also, why is this in the MS1 section if you have an MS3Pro?
I'm in the VA/DC area! Let me know if I can help you locally! I offer tuning and troubleshooting services.
http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 37&t=64269
Email me directly at CRSTune@gmail.com

Personal Vehicle:
'92 Nissan 240sx, KA24DET, GT2860RS, MS3X, Coil-on-Plug