Trigger Angle way off please help!!

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Trigger Angle way off please help!!

Post by Matt Cramer »

He's trying to wire up a flux capacitor control with 20 gauge wiring? There's no way you could safely run 1.21 gigawatts through that wiring. :shock:

Seriously, this is likely to be an LM1815 VR conditioner on that daughter board, but the board's something I have never seen before and I am not sure where to find documentation on it, if such documentation exists.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

I had a post a while back on my sons car which has a ford vr and 36-1 wheel as factory. I started out with the manuals lm1815 circuit but it would breakdown as revs increased, probably around 3000. Then I removed the 300R on the input and grounded pin 14 and got it to around 4000rpm before breakdown. Then I increased the series input resistance and it goes to 6000 limiter now. I had a scope and kept an eye on the VR output voltage, when that got too high the lm1815 would not condition the input. I was trying to retain the factory parts but it would have been much easier to use the hall sensor I have on my valiant. The serpentine belt and accessories made that impossible though.

I would also suggest anyone thinking of running a turbo encabulator should watch the Chrysler technical video.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
e30m10turbo
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by e30m10turbo »

Thanks for the replies people, I will have to try your suggestion! Anything to reduce the noise that I'm getting at the moment. When you say increasing the series input resistance, where do you mean with this? Inline of the +ve wire from the sensor? Or on the board itself.
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

Inline with the +ve wire increases the series resistance. Not sure if it is your problem though, but you can try it.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke