How do I describe the mods to this second hand unit

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

jolyon39
MS/Extra Newbie

How do I describe the mods to this second hand unit

Post by jolyon39 »

Hi,

My first post, be gentle guys, I am just a newbie here and learning stuff! Teach me please.

I purchased this MS1 on a Green Ver .2.2 board, I no longer need it because I found an MS2 Ver3 for sale cheap.

I am a novice at this and would appreciate your help

It appears to have an HEI distributor mod. What page on the manual do I read to understand them my self..... probably a better question actually!!!!!!

Here are pictures of this unit.....

How would you explain these mods to potential buyers?

D5, D8 and R10 look original.................... Why have they written reference to them in the lid?

(I have been reading about the BIP373 mod on DIYautotune and here. Tell me, earth wire to where and live wire to coil?
Last edited by jolyon39 on Thu May 25, 2017 4:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.
jolyon39
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: How do I describe the mods to this second hand unit

Post by jolyon39 »

OK..... got the photo up.......... have found info on the BIP373 (looks like it was added to drive a stand alone coil on a distributor..... am I right????)

Can you describe to me what has been done with this hardware, according to the text written on it

D5
D8
R10

they all look original but are referenced in the text... can you teach me why this has been referenced? ................... just point to the pages in the manual so I can learn from them
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

Says on the cover it has been set up to use a hei4 module as the input. D8 has been jumpered, xg1-xg2 has been jumpered, The value of R10 may have been increased a little from 330ohm.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
jolyon39
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by jolyon39 »

Thanks Luke!

Following your point I have just read about XG1 jumpered to XG2 in the assembly manual, item 54

I will have a friend explain the circuit diagram to me....... I only vaguely understand it but can learn fast.... looks interesting.