VR signal o-scope help!

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

keny
MS/Extra Newbie

VR signal o-scope help!

Post by keny »

UPDATE! I found a scope manual and set the scope to a base line setting. Taking my best guess, I adjusted both pots, the engine now rev's clean to 7500 rpm, fastest I have ever tested it. In the past rev the limit was set to 6000. To me the scope traces still look the same! I could still have a problem at higher rpm, But this engine may not "live long" at higher rpm!

Original message:::
MS 1 Extra 3.0 board, Wasted spark 6 cylinder, 12- 1 crank wheel, Honda GL 1800 GoldWing. Problem I am having is engine will not rev past 6900 Rpm! Trying to set the R56 and R52 pots. I do not know how to use or "Read" an O-scope. I have a 2235 Tectronic 100mHz two channel scope, What would I set all the dials to? Photo of scope is showing R56 Trace on top and R52 trace on bottom with my best guess as to scope setup. I would like to make sure this is correct, before I do any thing else! Any suggestions would be welcome! Thank you in advance!

List of work done.
Added a 10 k ohm resistor inline between VR+ and Megasquirt. (No help in rev past 6300, no change in scope trace to my eyes.)
made no change in R56, one turn CW on R52 no help in rev's, Two turns CW on R52 no help in rev's, but engine becoming hard to start!
Replaced plugs and Plug wires.
fuel pressure 42 psi idle, 50 psi not running, rev up goes to 45 psi
RonnieBe
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: VR signal o-scope help!

Post by RonnieBe »

I’m having similar issues and need to log the same signals as you. Where are you logging/connecting the square wave (lower) signal?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk