Coolant temp stuck around 100F

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

mazzei14
MS/Extra Newbie

Coolant temp stuck around 100F

Post by mazzei14 »

Hello, So I recently installed my home built MS1 v3.0 in my 86 rx7 with a 5.3 lm7 and a Muncie 4 speed. Car fired first crank and even idled, I was amazed. Megasquirt works almost perfectly, except the megasquirt will not read the correct coolant temp. The coolant temp gauge on the megasquirt ranges from 98-103F, even after running for 20 minutes or on cold starts (its 20 degrees here in NJ). If I plug in my stim, the guage works fine (however only reads 27-170F, which I’m not sure if that’s right?? ). I’ve checked my wiring to my coolant temp sensor and it’s fine (Resistance is the same at the sensor as it is at the db37 plug, I even bought a new sensor... no luck). I didn’t use easytherm yet, but I thought the megasquirt was designed to use factory gm sensors (my iat sensor and tps work fine). Anyway, any ideas you guys or gals have would be of great help. Also, am I supposed to solder in u1 (the big chip) or does it just get pushed in and stay that way (how I have it now). Thanks again
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Coolant temp stuck around 100F

Post by Matt Cramer »

It shouldn't need EasyTherm if using standard GM sensors. Does the CLT input work OK on a Stim?
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X