Arduino-based CANbus gauge

A forum for discussing the MegaSquirt related (but non-B&G) board development, assembly, installation, and testing.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

xrattiracer
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Arduino-based CANbus gauge

Post by xrattiracer »

a teensy 3.1 arrived in the mail yesterday, i had it reading CAN data in about an hour. very much liking the CAN broadcasting, makes this sooo much easier.
i've had the neopixel ring and oled screen for awhile now, next step is to port your code for driving those over to the teensy and CAN broadcasting :)
xrattiracer
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by xrattiracer »

got it working surprisingly easy, after debugging some of the code that apparently worked fine on the arduino but not on the teensy (for which the compiler should throw warnings in both cases).
only have the oled display working so far, as i dont (yet) have a rotary encoder and the neopixel ring doesnt like the 3v control signal. ordered the necessary parts for fixing those issues along with a gps module and a 3 axis accelerometer. I want to send the data from these back to the ms to be logged, if i can figure out how. the CAN receiving stuff seems to be only meant for analog sensors and a couple implementation specific cases for other stuff. I will post separately in the dev forum about that though.
also found a bug in the CAN broadcasting in tuner studio, it appears to be only cosmetic in nature. group 54 offset 2 should be cel status bitfield but is listed as closed loop idle target.
of course theres an obligatory picture :)

Zaphod
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Zaphod »

Sooo nice! Keep up the good work - I am in for one of this things!
--------------------------------
fun is not a straight line

Sven
http://www.mx-5club-sachsen.de
http://miata.cardomain.com/id/svenmx5
NB-1998-1,6-Garrett T25 HGP Turbo Stage I
richyvrlimited
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by richyvrlimited »

Zaphod wrote:Sooo nice! Keep up the good work - I am in for one of this things!
Concur on both counts :)
2003 MX5. Coldside MP62
-
MS3, RTC, & Knock board, Release 1.2. LC-1 Wideband.
xrattiracer
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by xrattiracer »

since my project has diverged quite a bit from this one, i have created its own thread for it http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 67&t=56565
xgrapher
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by xgrapher »

I've been struggling with this for weeks. Every other code I download seems to have some missing library or I'm not able to set them right.

Could anybody be so kind to send me there arduino files with the libraries and very brief set of instructions on how to have them set. I've built a very nice interface on Nextion and want to have it cross-talk with my MS3 via CAN.

My email is xgrapher@gmail.com