TTR Ignition is back in business!

A forum for discussing the MegaSquirt related (but non-B&G) board development, assembly, installation, and testing.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

TTR Ignition is back in business!

Post by dontz125 »

My thanks to all the folks who made inquiries about my products while I was down for health reasons, and my deep appreciation to those (very!) patient individuals who didn't demand their money back during the interregnum. I have returned, and will have the following products in stock in 3 weeks:

QuadraMAP - monitors the MAP signal on each cylinder of an ITB engine, and returns the lowest value. Also monitors the MAP signal of a specific signal, and sends a crank phase ("Cam") signal when that signal drops below a user-adjusted setting. Yes, that's sequential ignition & injection without an actual cam sensor! Stand-alone unit, rated to 125C and weather-resistant coating on the PCB for under-hood installation = no vacuum lines to the passenger compartment. US$125

PWM to Stepper converter - converts a PWM signal to drive a 4- or 6-wire stepper motor. It can be used for idle control, or for other stepper motor devices such as supercharger blow-off valves. It does not have the "moving only" or "hold current" idle options of other designs, but only requires one (FIDLE) output pin. The current used by the signal is quite low, so the 'PWM Idle' modification for V3.0 boards is not needed. Stand-alone unit, rated to 105C and weather-resistant coating on the PCB. US$60

Q16 3-wire Idle card - drives 3-wire PWM idle valve or phase / anti-phase boost solenoids; installs on the (presumably) unused Q16 spot. Includes a 3-pin header to reduce wiring. Mods to a completed V3.0 board are simple - lift or clip the left leg of R19, jumpers from R19 to IGBTIN, from the card to S12, from the card to the top of D8. "OPEN" idle is on the idle pin, "CLOSE" idle is on the IGN DB37 pin. Internal card, no protection; comes with a TO-220 installation kit and 3-way pin header. US$20

Quick-shift Sensor - comes with 2x 80mm rods, 1x 35mm LH/RH adjusting rod, 4x M6-RH nuts, 1x M6-LH nut; specify PUSH or PULL. US$125 (I assume most people here on bikes won't need the stand-alone quick-shifter or rev limiter ... :D )

Shipping is US$15 for any one item to pretty much anywhere in the world; if you order a bunch of things (or need it FAST), I'll get you a shipping quote. I haven't restored my Paypal buttons yet; if you're interested in anything, shoot me a PM or email with your address and I'll send a Paypal invoice.
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
Raymond_B
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: TTR Ignition is back in business!

Post by Raymond_B »

Glad to hear!!!
1995 Ford Lightning. Dart based 427 Windsor, Novi 2000, full sequential, E-85, etc. MS3X/v3.57
http://www.buildpics.org/
gary_808
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by gary_808 »

Any more info on the pwm to stepper converter?

I'm wanting to control the stepper motor valve in my rear differential, this may be suitable and simplify things!
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

Thanks for the interest, Gary.

What do you need to know? How many steps & what sort of current does your diff controller use?

PM your address, and I'll shoot you the instructions.
TTR Ignition Systems
GT6MK3
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by GT6MK3 »

What chance a 6 cylinder version of the Quadramap?
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

GT6MK3 wrote:What chance a 6 cylinder version of the Quadramap?
The main QuadraMap remains as it was with 4 sensors, the power supply and logic circuits, but there is now a Plus-4 expansion board, with its own enclosure. US$125 for the QMap + $50 for a 2-sensor add-on, and $15 for the postman. What pressure range do you want for the sensors?

(and yes Jaguar drivers, you can hook up 2 Plus-4 boards for 12 sensors!)
TTR Ignition Systems
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

Boards have shipped, parts have shipped. I hope to start loading down the postman on Monday the 30th.

For those interested in the 3-wire PWM Idle Driver on Q16 card, pictures manipulated in Paint are here.
TTR Ignition Systems
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: TTR Ignition is back in stock!

Post by dontz125 »

Back in business, and back in stock! Boards have been received; parts, connectors and wiring have been received, and it's time for a (careful!) flurry of assembly. Orders should start going out on Monday.

My first order of QuadraMAP sensor modules are going very fast; between the people who've ordered and the people who've expressed interest, it's already time for a second run! I can provide 1, 2, or 3-sensor versions at a reduced price, and I also have extender boards with more sensors for bigger engines. That's right, I have my first order pending for a 6-sensor "Quad"raMAP! Pricing is US$125 for the standard QuadraMAP.

I have a few PWM Stepper controllers left unspoken-for. At the request of one of the members here, my code guru has helped me add another option to the device, allowing fewer steps for a given PW duty cycle. Settings are now 0-64/128/255/510 steps for 0-100% DC. The design will be updated for the next run, but the changed code can still be used with the current design by adding an internal resistor jumper. Price is $60.

The new Q16 3-wire PWM driver has had a few interested inquiries. For those whose 3-wire valve doesn't appreciate the 'ground it through a resistor' method, this is an economical and easily installed option. Mounting is a little more involved if you have something occupying Q16, but it still helps! $20 each.

Several people have asked about the PWM Fuel Pump Controller. Yes, it's still coming, and will be part of the next production run in 2-3 weeks. A licenced upgrade of the proven Madhu design, this version is rated for 60A at 125C and coated for weather resistance, so finding a safe spot for this device shouldn't be difficult. The new design also incorporates a MAP-fuel rail compensation and calibration feature, to ensure the rail pressure stays in step with the inlet pressure. Handy for the NA engines, critical for the boosted crowd. It will sell for $100.

I have a few of the Tip-over Switches in stock, with another batch as part of the next production run. IMHO a critical safety item to help protect your project in the event of an unscheduled redistribution of gravity! $50 each.

All prices above are US$, and do not include shipping. Most packages going most places will be US$15; if you're ordering lots of things, or need it fast, I'll get a quote.

(I'll rant more about the SEC and D15 I/O cards once I'm sure the darn things fit! Testing soon ...)
TTR Ignition Systems
lutorm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by lutorm »

Is anyone actually getting deliveries? I ordered a Quadramap on May 7. Apart from a couple emails from Don saying that he's going to ship it the next day or so, nothing's shown up. I understand it's a side business, but if we're talking 3+ months for orders to be fulfilled it would be nice to know that in advance.
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

I deserved that. Yours is one of three orders I still have left from the big rush when I started up again, and it really has been "Tomorrow, d*** it!" for the past 8 weeks. You're probably tired of hearing this, but I really am sorry and embarrassed for this continued delay.

Do you still want the unit? Do you want your money back?

Would you like your money back until such time that you have your order in hand?
TTR Ignition Systems
lutorm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by lutorm »

dontz125 wrote:I deserved that. Yours is one of three orders I still have left from the big rush when I started up again, and it really has been "Tomorrow, d*** it!" for the past 8 weeks. You're probably tired of hearing this, but I really am sorry and embarrassed for this continued delay.

Do you still want the unit? Do you want your money back?

Would you like your money back until such time that you have your order in hand?
Hey, sorry to hang you out in public. I do want it, and I can wait -- I'd just like to have a realistic expectation. If you don't think you'll get to it in a month or two, that's fine, just give me a date you can keep.