Tinyiox

A forum for discussing the MegaSquirt related (but non-B&G) board development, assembly, installation, and testing.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Dgus
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Tinyiox

Post by Dgus »

Hi, I am running a MS3Pro and a Tinyiox. My question is, is it preferred to ground the Tinyiox to the same engine bolt as the MS3Pro or should the Tinyiox be ground to the sensor return? I am using VREF from the MS3Pro to power the Tinyiox if that matters.
Thanks

Dino
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Tinyiox

Post by racingmini_mtl »

I was going to say that either will work because that would be true on the MS3 board. However, I don't know the board layout of the MS3Pro so it might be better to ask DIYAutotune.

Normally, the preferred method is to use the same ground as the 5V supply which would be closer to the sensor return when using Vref but I don't know how much current capacity it has on the MS3Pro and what you intend on using on the TIOx.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
jsiedlicki
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by jsiedlicki »

I have the same setup and used the 5V ref and Sensor Ground from the MS3Pro, all works fine. The MS3Pro can handle up to 500 ma on the 5V ref.
MS3-Pro 1st Gen | Honda K24 Supercharged
MS3/MS3X | SB Ford 347 stroker
Dgus
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Dgus »

Thank you for the info. I Thought it would be best the share the same ground as the supply voltage so I connected it to the sensor return. Less chance of a ground loop and injecting noise. But I wasn’t sure if my theory was correct.