MSS (MegaSquirtSandwich) board

A forum for discussing the MegaSquirt related (but non-B&G) board development, assembly, installation, and testing.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

ca434sbc4
Experienced MS/Extra'er

MSS (MegaSquirtSandwich) board

Post by ca434sbc4 »

All,

I have a new expansion board which I have designed to give us additional i/o without the extra code needed to get the CAN bus working with a 2nd MS2.

I did run this by Al, Bruce, & Lance first before proceeding.

The board plugs in to the MS main board and then the MS2 plugin on top of it, the hc908 plugs into the 2nd 40 pin dip socket. All the analog input lines and the tach input are shared between the MS2 and the 908 so we have access to same inputs as if the 908 was plugged into the main board. In addition there are upto 4 opto-isolated inputs, 2 non-isolated inputs, 6 buffered logic outputs, and 1 PWM buffered outputs.

Once the CAN bus got implemented on the MS2 there was no extra I/O left for any extra functions without going to a seperate MS main board and MS2. I just don't have space for the 2nd board. So this is a quick and easy way to add a few extra I/O. With the 908 no longer doing fuel or spark control this opens up a wide number of possibilites. The extra inputs and outputs come off 2 seperate headers.

- run MS2 and MSnS-E and the same time.....

- something brand new... ????????

The other feature is that cram everthing onto a small board its done in surface mount, with the smallest component 0805 which is not too tough to manage. So if you wanted to try your hand at SMT this is a good chance to do so.

I am looking for 4-6 people to participate in the alpha build of 8 pcb's. the cost is Cdn. $34.75 per board. Unless your outside North America I'll cover shipping to you. I'm just looking to cover the prototype cost and will send a copy of the board shop invoice to anyone who requests it.

Please understand that since this is an alpha build there may be corrections as we go. I'll build the first board here and then advise of any changes.

908 s/w will be upto the individual person to handle as each application will most likely be different.

PDF of the schematic enclosed.

Thanks

Marc

PS: the output buffers can be configured during the build as open collector or emmiter follower.
Bill Shurvinton
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Bill Shurvinton »

I'm game.
ca434sbc4
Experienced MS/Extra'er

MS expansion

Post by ca434sbc4 »

Bare boards were ordered last Friday. I expect a 10-15 day turn as I went for the lowest cost option.
Skiericski
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Skiericski »

Any update on this since August? Is there another thread somewhere? Thanks!

EDIT: OK, Im guessing this turned into http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?t=10989 this?