An extension of the sandwich (MSS) board....

A forum for discussing the MegaSquirt related (but non-B&G) board development, assembly, installation, and testing.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

KGB
Experienced MS/Extra'er

An extension of the sandwich (MSS) board....

Post by KGB »

Now while I just noted that MS-I and MS-II runs different serial speed, had they been running the same serial speed, I think combined they could provide a single box sequential injection + ignition + stepper motor idle, sharing the same serial port but different commands to program each CPU. The MS-I would handle the ignition via MSnS-E (upto 6 COP) plus whatever existing features, MSnS-E would work with MS-II to provide 4 independent injector channels (obviously we wouldn't get the full benefit of the resolution in MS-II if you're using PWM), and the MS-II would drive the stepper idle motor. Now with this setup obviously another output plug would be required, but with existing firmware on both CPU, group injection + multiple ignition is now doable.

I'm just frustrated with the fact that I will probably need both stepper motor idle (MS-II required) and wasted spark ignition (currently only on MSnS-E) in a single box that doesn't exist. I mean, looking around, I could spend more bucks on something else (the next up would be VEMS) but I've got a good board here to build on (MS-I w/MSnS-E firmware)
gmt
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: An extension of the sandwich (MSS) board....

Post by gmt »

KGB wrote: I'm just frustrated with the fact that I will probably need both stepper motor idle (MS-II required) and wasted spark ignition (currently only on MSnS-E) in a single box that doesn't exist. I mean, looking around, I could spend more bucks on something else (the next up would be another ECU) but I've got a good board here to build on (MS-I w/MSnS-E firmware)
I will love to use the sandwish with 2 MS-I using one for Hi-res code(fuell and spark and switching tables) and another to extra features but the developer of Hi-res dont want to separate the Hi-res code from extra code. If you need stepper with MS-I you can try this ->http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?p=138462#138462 Maybe it works for you in a simple way.
Chevrolet Corsa Wind 1.0 EFI (not squirted yet)
someday a Chevrolet/Opel Corsa 20XE 2.0 16v Turbo Squirted o_0
(Assembling V3-I and V2.2)