BETA :) RELEASE of PWM 2 STEPPER controller

A forum for discussing the MegaSquirt related (but non-B&G) board development, assembly, installation, and testing.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

IslanderXJ
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: BETA :) RELEASE of PWM 2 STEPPER controller

Post by IslanderXJ »

I know this thread is almost 5 years old, but are there any updates to this project?
Did it work consistently and reliably?
Anyone making one I could buy?
You see where I'm going with this...
DaveW
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by DaveW »

I used it with a 3.9 RV8 and an LS1 and it worked well with both for a while. I made some changes to the code to reduce the amount of time that the stepper motor is actually driven but other than that it worked pretty well. Before the change the stepper motor would get warm to the touch when sat on the bench.

After a year or so of it working OK on the vehicle the stepper motor driver IC died, I replaced it and the new one died after a week or so. I never got to the bottom of the problem but the L6219 seemed to be sensitive to whatever the problem was and it got put to one side while I experimented with changing over to MS2 and I never got around to picking it up again.

My view is that it works and can work reliably. The closed loop code on MS1-Extra doesn't seem to work too well but using it simply based on the coolant temperature worked really well for me. It bugs me slightly that I never got around to finding out why mine failed but I think it's something to do with my setup rather than the controller, particularly when I had similar problems with an MS2.
masterx81
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by masterx81 »

Never ended this project, but i'm happy that someone have found it useful :)
Enrico
Opel/Vauxhall Corsa GSi MS2
Subaru v4 EJ20 MS3
pellegrino
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by pellegrino »

man, it's possible to use the 16F628A ou 16F628-04/P instead the 16F628?