Peak and hold injector driver board

A forum for discussing the MegaSquirt related (but non-B&G) board development, assembly, installation, and testing.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Paul_VR6
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Peak and hold injector driver board

Post by Paul_VR6 »

Never have had a problem with the nylon getting loose on any board build, hundreds of installs. I put the tiniest drop of super glue right on the edge of the threads where it hits the nut. Enough to lock but easy enough to crack. If it ever needs to come off, it can be done easily. Going back on there is enough distortion to hold it there forever.
-Paul
1992 Corrado SLC 3.6 VR6 11.38@120 - MS3 Pro Ultimate - Microsquirt I/O - Can EGT - Racepak IQ3s
kptuned.com - Megasquirting the World! Megasquirt Sales, Service, Tuning and More!
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

It's good to see that you don't have any issue with the nylon screws. I have not used them nor do I recommend people use them because I have seen some get stretched and come loose due to the heat. And that in turn increases the heat issue...

I will still recommend using the metal hardware but at least I can point people to your solution if they prefer the nylon screws for whatever reason.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
Paul_VR6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Paul_VR6 »

If I had any more room, I would have used the metal hardware. On this one, space was a premium and the longer metal hardware hit some components in spots. Had it not had the 3x board I would have probably mounted directly to the case top as well.
-Paul
1992 Corrado SLC 3.6 VR6 11.38@120 - MS3 Pro Ultimate - Microsquirt I/O - Can EGT - Racepak IQ3s
kptuned.com - Megasquirting the World! Megasquirt Sales, Service, Tuning and More!
jsdevel
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by jsdevel »

Thanks for this post @hvz http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 40#p445985. Wanted to bump it cause it showed me exactly what I needed to know! Thanks to Jean as well!
  • MS2/v3.57 board
  • Sequential Injection Mod
  • 4 cylinders