Wide band controler

A forum for discussing the MegaSquirt related (but non-B&G) board development, assembly, installation, and testing.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

phoenix3d
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Wide band controler

Post by phoenix3d »

Hi Guys.....

Just my 2 cents worth!!!!

I recently built up an MS1 running HR11d on a V2.2 board... (Had it laying around for the last couple of years....)

I read the above post and thought..... Let's try one of these WB setups....

So a long story shortened... I eventually ended up with TechEdge's latest little toy. The OEM6.... INSIDE the MS Case... and Not so expensive either!!!!

OK... After a little trial and error.. With the help from the Crew at TechEdge..... IT WORKS!!! and it works really well!!! :yeah!:
So running the latest Bosch LSU4.9 sensor (9-19 AFR) capable... Tested against an M&W UEGO.. yep the same they use on F1.. Yep F1.. it track down the line..
So that is good enough for me...

It's small easy to use, and works like a bomb... No not a tick, tick Boom, one either....

So There you go.. my 2.5cents worth... :lol:

although I do agree with James if you are looking for there TOP range controllers the 2AO is Awesome.. but a bit big to squeeze in to the MS Case...
wmax351
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Wide band controler

Post by wmax351 »

apple2 wrote:
wmax351 wrote:http://www.waltech.com/site/index.php/o ... e-projects

I've been working on setting one of these up. Been in contact with the owner of the site, and got some more details on this. It uses an Amtel ATMEGA8 microcontroller. Parts to make one are about 15 dollars, and it uses an LSU 4.2. Add a 10 dollar AVR programmer, and you are set. Needs a bit of fine SMD soldering, but otherwise it isn't too bad.

AFR (gas)= 10+(vout*2)

Lambda = (10+(vout*2))/14.7
I tried to make it but it didn't work very well, it kept showing lean. What fuse bits did you set for the atmega8? Is there something else I need to know to make it work? Thank you.

I ended up making it on a perfboard. But I ended up just buying one (http://www.ebay.com/itm/BPSX-D1-Wideban ... 0927141800) for 25 bucks (price has gone up).