Zeal Engineering DB with 4AGE 20V Silver Top

A forum for discussing the MegaSquirt related (but non-B&G) board development, assembly, installation, and testing.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

JPSeuropa
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Zeal Engineering DB with 4AGE 20V Silver Top

Post by JPSeuropa »

I have a MS2 with a 3.0 board that I will be pairing with a Zeal Engineering daughter board from DIY. Does anyone know if the ZTX688B-ND transistor (rated at 3 amps) included can flow enough current for the Toyota idle valve? I am expecting that this is yes but would like some confirmation.
The Toyota has two toothed wheels in the distributor...a 22-0 and a 1-0. Does it matter which one goes to the Zeal Board? I have a hacked off harness, so does anyone know the wire color codes?
I will use the Zeal for the VVT and add a relay.
Ignition is wasted spark.
Any other tips or thoughts?
Thanks,
Paul Harhen
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Re: Zeal Engineering DB with 4AGE 20V Silver Top

Post by muythaibxr »

JPSeuropa wrote:I have a MS2 with a 3.0 board that I will be pairing with a Zeal Engineering daughter board from DIY. Does anyone know if the ZTX688B-ND transistor (rated at 3 amps) included can flow enough current for the Toyota idle valve? I am expecting that this is yes but would like some confirmation.
Probably, but you need 2 of them. The 20v 4age has a 3-wire idle valve, not 2-wire.
The Toyota has two toothed wheels in the distributor...a 22-0 and a 1-0. Does it matter which one goes to the Zeal Board? I have a hacked
Actually, it has 2 wheels and 3 sensors.

The Ne wheel is 24 (not 22) teeth, and the G wheel's tooth is sensed by the G1 and G2 sensors. You'll want the Ne wheel (24 tooth) sensor to go to the main board, and the G2 sensor to go to the Zeal board.

I don't remember off the top of my head what the pinout of the stock dizzy is, but I could check on the car at some point (I have a 20v 4age powered car).

Ken
Megasquirt is not for use on pollution controlled vehicles. Any advice I give is for off road use only.
JPSeuropa
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by JPSeuropa »

Thanks Ken for replying,
I was planning to use wire one side of the valve to 12V through a resistor making it a constant force then using the output from the MS to control the other side. This is described in the manual as method. Is there a problem with it?
Yeah, brain collapse on my part on the tooth count. I have 2 Megasquirt projects going on at once and I am easily confused in any case. It would be really helpful if you could provide the distributor pinout.
Do you also have an msq I could peruse?
Thanks again,
Paul
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

I have a partially tuned ms3 msq. I'll have to see if I can find my ms2 msq.

I've not had much time for working on that car, and it still has a few mechanical problems before I can really drive it (one of the calipers needs replaced for example), so my tunes have the car running and drivable but still need a LOT of tuning.

Ken
Megasquirt is not for use on pollution controlled vehicles. Any advice I give is for off road use only.
embeddeddesign
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by embeddeddesign »

The 20v wiring diagram linked below includes the dizzy pinout
http://club4ag.com/faq_and_tech_pages/E ... Silver.htm
JPSeuropa
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by JPSeuropa »

I have it working nicely on the JimStim now. Time to start wiring it into the car.
It is a stock Silver Top. Does anyone have a fully sorted MSQ (if there is such a thing) that they would be willing to share?
Thanks for the help.
Paul
wrenchdad
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by wrenchdad »

What firmware are you running I might have a MS2 msq that I could send you if you still need it.

later wd
JPSeuropa
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by JPSeuropa »

Wrenchdad,
I would love to see that MSQ. I am running the latest version of MSextra, but I would really like to see your starting and afterstart settings.
the ignition thing seems sorted at this point. Here is a link to my latest issues.
http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 09#p335009
email is epharhen@comcast.net
wrenchdad
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by wrenchdad »

You still didn't really say which firmware you are running, except for saying the latest. A firmware number would be nice. Seeing I am not running MS2 any longer then just saying "latest" doesn't mean that much to me. AND it was 5 months ago when I posted.................But I will post up my last MS2.

This "may" not be my last tune, I'm at work and don't have my tuning laptop and I ahve upgraded laptops too plus its been quite a while since I ran my car on MS2. But I will take another look tonight when I get home at my old tuning laptop and make sure it my last tune.

Remember, you CAN NOT just dump this into your MS unit and run it ! Your setup will probably be different, like for spark and number of squirts.
MY Last MS2_Alpha303V.msq
later wd
JPSeuropa
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by JPSeuropa »

thanks,
I totally understand about not just dumping it in there and expecting it to work. I am running MS Extra 3.2.4
Paul