Spark 'booster' (PNP circuit)

A forum for discussing the MegaSquirt related (but non-B&G) board development, assembly, installation, and testing.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

weeblebiker
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Spark 'booster' (PNP circuit)

Post by weeblebiker »

the newer revisions are reportedly reliable from the 2.5L part # 06E905115E, and only $20ish each
v2.2 box, ms2, dual wheel, sequential ignition, staged injection, boost control, maf
'87 VW scirocco, 2L16V, TD0-14T turbo, itbs
piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by piledriver »

weeblebiker wrote:the newer revisions are reportedly reliable from the 2.5L part # 06E905115E, and only $20ish each
Cool, glad to hear it, just didn't want folks harvesting junkyards for them off old Audis, I suspect some of them are there for the coils or related wiring, which breaks down due to under hood heat.
Always doing things the hard way, MS2 sequential w/ v1.01 mainboard, LS2 coils. 80 mile/day commuter status.
ardler_dan
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by ardler_dan »

Could you please drop me an email on delias (at) ardlerautomotive.co.uk regarding purchasing one of these? I'm struggling to pm you

Daniel
a sigfrids
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by a sigfrids »

Hello

First post to forum as I'm in need of one of these.
I'm about to install a Reverant MS3 basic to my miata/MX5 1.6-89 and have got a set of VW 1.6 fsi cops on the shelf waiting to install, but found out that they wont fit without this addon box.

Are these still for sale??

Tried to private message, but as I'm a newly registered, I can't...
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

These have been superseded by the TC4427 gate-driver design. Development discussion thread from Mar '14 - Mar '15; schematic is in the manual.
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
eMTea
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by eMTea »

I bought this board some time ago, and now I want to install it.
Where can I find the schematics, or even better, a complete BOM or KIT?
-MS3X, (V3 PCB) 1.2 RC 1 firmware. Controlling a light modified Audi 1.8TQ AEB 20v engine with Holset HE221W turbo, 299.4 HP and 400Nm at the hubs in Dynapack.
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

eMTea wrote:I bought this board some time ago, and now I want to install it.
Where can I find the schematics, or even better, a complete BOM or KIT?
It should have come with a printout of the instructions and BOM.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
eMTea
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by eMTea »

Do you have it as a PDF? I've been moving it around the garage and can't seem to find it :(
-MS3X, (V3 PCB) 1.2 RC 1 firmware. Controlling a light modified Audi 1.8TQ AEB 20v engine with Holset HE221W turbo, 299.4 HP and 400Nm at the hubs in Dynapack.
jacky4566
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by jacky4566 »

Just in case any comes across this. There may be opportunity to upgrade the current ability on the MS3x board.

In my investigation I see that the TI chip SN54AHCT541 is being used which has a current output of 8mA. Looking for suitable replacements I found the Ti SN74LV541A is the same form factor, logic circuit and similar timing, however this chip can handle 16mA per pin.

Unless I’ve missed something this should be a direct replacement chip with upgraded current ability.
WARNING! This is an untested solution and would require a level of comfort with small smd soldering.