Wiring questions about zeal vr conditioner board

A forum for discussing the MegaSquirt related (but non-B&G) board development, assembly, installation, and testing.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

89shortbox
MS/Extra Newbie

Wiring questions about zeal vr conditioner board

Post by 89shortbox »

I have a Ms1 v2.2. I am trying to connect a Zeal dual VR condition daughter board. The instructions kinda have me jumping back and forth on what goes where. One thing that makes a little confusion is that the board may be a bit older than the current directions. All the location labels on the board start with "T". So there are no labels like the newer ones have like VRIN and VRout. I have found some various post that had some info but I havent got it working yet.

With a ford VR sensor I currently have the positive coming in on x12 and the ground on x13. From the main board to the daughter board x12 goes to T1, x13 to T5. At T1 and T5 I have signal from the VR sensor while engine cranking. T3 which is supposed to be the signal output from the Zeal board goes to U4 pin 6. 2 of the ground connectons on the zeal are connected to the unbanded end of d2 and d3 on the main board. Both 12v connections on the zeal are connected to the banded end of d9. The 5v connection from the zeal goes to JP1 pin 8.

I have yet to get a signal to MS1. I have checked for signal at t3 and got nothing. I get 12v at both connections on the zeal. Nothing at the 5v pin.
I have removed D5, R10, D8, C12, U4, C11, and R11.

I have LED 18 set for irq trigger. I assume that if I have a signal coming in this led would blink?
Do you see any problems with my wiring connects?
89shortbox
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Wiring questions about zeal vr conditioner board

Post by 89shortbox »

Thanks for the help guys. F E E L T H E S A R C A S M!!!!
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

I'm seriously puzzled about what you actually have - can you post a picture of it? I don't think Zeal boards ever had the locations marked with T.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
89shortbox
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by 89shortbox »

well even after I got it working I relized that the board is a MEGASQUIRT-N-SPARK DAUGHTER BOARD VERSION 1

my fault for not realizing it. I was told it was a zeal when I bought it. And I even found some posts in various spots on the web with people saying they had a zeal also and talking about the t# locations for connections.

In the end I found that it wasnt getting 5v which powers the conditioning side of things. Wire was hooked to jp1 pin1. Suppose to be jp1 pin 8. And i finally found instructions for the board. Instructions for the board said to hook conditioned signal to u4 pin 6. In the end the conditioned signal had to be connected to the bottom of R11. Then it worked.