New Product from TTR - Speedo Corrector

A forum for discussing the MegaSquirt related (but non-B&G) board development, assembly, installation, and testing.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

New Product from TTR - Speedo Corrector

Post by dontz125 »

When you change your rims, or tires, or diff, your speedometer usually doesn't read as accurately as it used to. Sometimes this isn't a big deal, sometimes it is - certainly, the nice policeman doesn't want to hear about how all the mods you've made have thrown off your speedo!

We now offer a small, easy to use module that wires in between your speed sensor and the speedometer, and allows correction to put the readout back where it should be. Using a single multi-turn pot, stepless adjustment can be made from 2.5% to 250% of the input frequency. Calibration test points inside the housing allow the use of a multimeter to quickly dial-in the adjustment.

The Speedo Corrector will sell for $60, and can be ordered here.
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
arjay
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: New Product from TTR - Speedo Corrector

Post by arjay »

Just an FYI for other potential interested parties. We dealt with TTR Ignition systems, aka Don McPhail, extensively over the last 6 months with decidedly unfavourable results.

Ultimately we had to contact our credit card company and have them issue a $600 charge back in an effort to try and recover the money sent to him. On top of that, we bought roughly another $600 in ancillary purchases that were dependant on Don's work - which was never completed.

We have full documentation, from Don, including written invoices guaranteeing delivery etc. It became clear to use after 6 months that delivery was never going to happen. It culminated with a phone call at Christmas time talking about a need for $1,400 for developing 'quick shifters'. It's only in retrospect that we have to understand that this was an effort to attempt to gain yet more funds from us.

It is not my intent to malign Don McPhail or his company, TTR Ignition Systems. However, when I see that he is back here posting and active on this site, without a trace of shame, it's clear to me that something should be mentioned if for no other reason then to protect other 'newbies' to the Microsquirt product line.

It is intensely embarrassing to me to mention this at all. I don't like being 'taken' and certainly not to the extent of 6 months of my time along with a considerable amount of money.

We don't believe that Don ever order the parts required with the money provided. We asked him several times to provide pictures of the purchases or any other form of confirmation yet each request was side-stepped. Yet, during the time he was supposed to be completing our project he repeatedly told us that he was getting side-tracked. In the meantime, we found that he was releasing new products, such as the one mentioned above. We cannot help but think that he used our money, for 6 months, to fund these projects.

I brought this matter to a few other key people on this site in an effort to ensure that no other people that are new to the Microsquirt product lineup fall into the same trap that we did.

I realize that this will likely come as a shock to long-time users of this site but the fact is, we have extensive documentation to prove out our experiences. We would be happy to provide more information to anyone via Personal Messaging.

In closing, I'd like to apologize to the people on this site for bringing this matter to your attention. I find things like this very disgusting and they have unfortunately caused us to think negatively about the Microsquirt product line, and in some ways, the community. It is my hope that by posting this, you won't fall into the same pit that we did as I'm sure that most everyone here, as well as the products, are good.

I was not originally going to post about this issue, but seeing Don McPhail active on this site, as if nothing has happened, only tells me that this kind of situation could easily repeat itself.

Again, we have ample documentation from this seller to illustrate every single one of these issues. And let me be clear, this is by no means a comprehensive post outlining all of the things that this seller did. I've purposely not mentioned a great deal of incidents during that 6 month period....
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: New Product from TTR - Speedo Corrector

Post by dontz125 »

Please see my reply here.
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems