PWM converter modulate Fuelab41401

A forum for discussing the MegaSquirt related (but non-B&G) board development, assembly, installation, and testing.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Stress4ever
MS/Extra Newbie

PWM converter modulate Fuelab41401

Post by Stress4ever »

Im attempting to get me megasquirt 3.75 + X board running a 2jzgte sequential injection & Pulse Modulate Fuelab 41401. I'm looking for recommendations on wiring board to megasquirt.
ashford
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: PWM converter modulate Fuelab41401

Post by ashford »

should be doable, set up a spare port for pwm and select a frequency that cam be multiplid by the pwm converter to be close to 1500hz, will probablu need pullup resistors. what i did was set it on low speed and had a spare port setup to switch in boost to high. works fine for me.
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

nevermind, I reread the pwm table and i was mistaken.
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
gui67
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by gui67 »

I use the pwm multiplier from Jean to increase pwm frequency, I don't know it that is still needed.
I connected the output to the fuelab pump, and also a pullup resistor going to the 12V. The values you put in the PWM table must be inverted compared to the load you want:
70% in the table means 30% for the pump: minimum speed.
15% means 85% for the pump.

I saw that I should not go below 30% for minimum speed, otherwise, the pump nearly stalls, or has erratic speed, and not above 85% for maximum speed: otherwise, it changes mode (goes from pwm to full load) and has a lost of pressure during a short moment.
You should try the settings by powering the pump and using TPS as pwm load to check how the pump reacts on all the range.
I use a frequency of 39HZ, multiplied by 32 = 1248Hz

http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 31&t=46488
Rick Finsta
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Rick Finsta »

Just wanted to drop a note here as well - depending on which generation pump you have the duty cycle might be reversed. On mine for instance, 10%DC is full speed and about 37-38% is low speed (just starting to sputter a bit). Contact Fuelab for help, but basically you can set this up using a voltmeter and varying duty cycle using the output test mode.