Open source - Digital Dual wideband controller

A forum for discussing the MegaSquirt related (but non-B&G) board development, assembly, installation, and testing.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Rickster
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Open source - Digital Dual wideband controller

Post by Rickster »

Hey all, I have been working on this board with input from Jean and Alan. I wanted to give something back to the community for helping me with my noob questions and cries for help over the past few years.

Here is a Dual wideband controller I cooked up that leverages the excellent tinyIOx and SLC OEM controllers from jbPerf.com and 14point7.com.

I'm about to take delivery of a Factory Five MK4 complete Roadster kit within the next week, and I realized I wanted a wideband controller to monitor each side of the engine while tuning. So I hatched this project and here it is for your consumption.

Use all the attached files any way you like. While I have tested basic functionality in Tuner Studio, I would like to stress that I have NOT connected this to a running motor yet.

If anyone notices anything out of place, let me know and I will try my best to make updates

http://98.238.246.71/Forum%20Files.zip

Enjoy!

Rick
Hey_Allen
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Open source - Digital Dual wideband controller

Post by Hey_Allen »

Since Rick was nice enough to make this available for others to play with, I have followed in his foot steps a bit, and built one myself.
I am going to be doing it slightly different, and will not be using the enclosure that he is, as I'm packaging mine in a larger box so that I can use the proto area on the Tiny-IOx for some other inputs and outputs.

There are two pics of the board here, as well as a few of my ongoing conversion bits to try to get MS fitted on my MB 500SEC.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/hey_allen ... 57/player/
Josh
-greasy fingered tinkerer
Rickster
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Rickster »

Very cool! Cant wait to see the finished project!

I just started my engine fir the first time earlier this week and am about ready to start using this myself.

Rick
kikkegek
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by kikkegek »

sorry to bring up an old thread. but how did this end?
my project page, BBC 454 with LPG vapour injection:
my BBC 454 LPG vapour injection tuning story 8)

my Facebook projectpage:
My 1977 GMC C15 Suburban "Storm" 8)
Hey_Allen
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Hey_Allen »

If you're asking about mine, the car ended up being rear-ended before the Megasquirt was installed, and eventually sold to someone with more bodywork interest and ability

The Megasquirt is all sitting in my shelves, pending finding another project car worthy of the time and effort.
The current commuter car is now a TDI VW Jetta, so I'm leaving the engine management alone, for the most part.
Josh
-greasy fingered tinkerer