How connect CAN-EGT to other ECU?

A forum for discussing the MegaSquirt related (but non-B&G) board development, assembly, installation, and testing.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

skvaleriy
MS/Extra Newbie

How connect CAN-EGT to other ECU?

Post by skvaleriy »

I want to connect my CAN-EGT to other ECU (Vi-PEC i88) through CAN bus.
But I dont know some parameters for my CAN-EGT how Bit Rate, Format, Start position, Width,
Byte Order, Offset, Standard or Extended format, Frame size, etc.
Please help, thanks.
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: How connect CAN-EGT to other ECU?

Post by racingmini_mtl »

At this time the CAN-EGT only uses the Megasquirt-specific CAN protocol. So unless the Vi-PEC can poll the CAN-EGT using the MS protocol (very unlikely), that will not be possible.

Do you have any documentation about the Vi-PEC CAN features?

Jean

EDIT: And this is likely not a topic for a Megasquirt forum.
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
skvaleriy
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by skvaleriy »

And where else can I learn about CAS-frm if not here?
It is Diyautotune CAN-EGT 8 channel thermocouple interface
http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/cane ... p-542.html
I think Vi-PEC has standard CAN protocol. No documentation. But there is such an example:

Wheel Speed from ABS Control to ECU

Known information:
· CAN bus speed of 500 kbit/s
· ABS Control transmits:
· Wheel Speeds on ID 1184
· Byte order of MS First
· Each Wheel Speed has a width of 16 bits (2 bytes)
· Type is Unsigned
· CAN ID format is Standard
· The number the ABS Control transmits on the CAN bus is in units of 0.01 km/h (ie increments by 1 for each 0.01 km/h increase in Wheel Speed).
· An eight byte CAN frame with the following format:
1.jpg
· The Vi-PEC i-Series ECU expects:
· The ECUs internal number for Wheel speed increments by 1 for each 0.1 km/h increase in Wheel Speed. This information can be found on the Vi-PEC i-Series Data for CAN page of the help. Ie for every ten units on the CAN bus we want to one ECU unit.
· When Wheel Speed is zero the ECUs internal number is zero.
· To configure the ECU to receive from the ABS controller:
1. Connect CAN H and CAN L pins on ECU to the vehicles CAN bus.
2. Open the CAN setup window in iVTS. (ECU Controls > CAN Setup)
3. Select the CAN module connected to the vehicles CAN bus.
4. Set the Mode to User Defined and the Bit Rate to 500 kbit/s.
5. Select a spare CAN channel from the list (we are using 'one' in our example), set the Mode to "Receive User Stream X", where X is the next un-used Receive/Transmit number (we are using 'one' in our example).
6. Set the ID field to match the ID the ABS Control is transmitting the Wheel Speed on (ID 1184).
7. Set the Format to Standard.8. Change to the Streams tab of the CAN Setup window, select stream one and click 'Add Frame'.
9. Select frame one in the list view on the left. Click 'Add' from the parameters section, navigate to the Chassis and Body section and select LF Wheel Speed. Click OK and confirm LF Wheel Speed is now listed.
10. Add the parameters for RF, LR and RR Wheel Speeds like you did for the LF Wheel Speed. Confirm that all four wheel speeds are now listed.
11. Determine the Multiplier, Divider and Offset required for each parameter. An offset of zero is required, as when the Wheel Speed and CAN number are zero the ECU internal number is also zero. The objective is to adjust the multiplier and divider so the ECU Internal number is scaled by the correct amount.
We know from looking at the Vi-PEC i-Series Data for CAN page that the ECU Internal Number is 10x higher than the Wheel Speed displayed in iVTS.
12. Select LF Wheel Speed and confirm the Start Pos is 0, the Width is 16, the Byte Order is MS, the Type is Unsigned, the Multiplier is 1, the Divider is 10, and the Offset is 0.
13. Set the RF, LR and RR Wheel Speeds up also. RF Start Pos = 16, LR Start Pos = 32, RR Start Pos = 48. All other settings are the same as in LF Wheel Speed.
2.jpg
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

skvaleriy wrote:And where else can I learn about CAS-frm if not here?
My suggestion would be here. http://forum.vi-pec.com/forum/index.php
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
skvaleriy
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by skvaleriy »

slow_hemi6 wrote:
skvaleriy wrote:And where else can I learn about CAS-frm if not here?
My suggestion would be here. http://forum.vi-pec.com/forum/index.php
All right.
But here no one will tell you about CAN EGT. I'm asking specifically about CAN EGT.
Perhaps my question do not understand through my bad English, sorry.
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

The issue is that this is a DIYAutotune product and not a Megasquirt product. And since you're not using a Megasquirt ECU, the forum here is not the place to discuss this. Unfortunately, DIYAutotune do not have their own forum but you may want to contact them directly or through their Facebook page.

I should add that I know there is currently no way to do what you want and it would require firmware development. However, it is possible that this could be done.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
skvaleriy
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by skvaleriy »

I understand you!
Very grateful for answers.