CAN-EGT Won't Connect

A forum for discussing the MegaSquirt related (but non-B&G) board development, assembly, installation, and testing.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

ugp
Helpful MS/Extra'er

CAN-EGT Won't Connect

Post by ugp »

Hi Chaps

Having some trouble with my CAN-EGT box. I've been unable to connect to it. It's currently powered up on the bench. The usb-serial driver installed and picked up com 8.

I've tried a firmware update as suggested by DIYAutoTune and get the attached error.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Ben
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: CAN-EGT Won't Connect

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Please run the port scanner and post the results here.

Also, is it connected to a MegaSquirt through the CAN port or is it only connected to the PC?

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
ugp
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by ugp »

Hi Jean

Please find the attached.

Thanks

Ben
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

So there doesn't seem to be any communication happening. You do seem to have the USB port up but that port is power from the PC.

Check that you have power at the board. You should see 12V and 5V at JP1 as per the picture below. Both 5V and Vref should read 5V. Be careful not to short 12V and 5V because that could kill the CPU.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
ugp
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by ugp »

Hi Jean

Ok, I'll check that. The only thing I had checked so far was that I was getting +12 and gnd to the terminals on the green connector, and I do. It's powered by the jack connector at the moment.

Thanks

Ben
ugp
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by ugp »

Hi Jean

I'm getting 4.99 @ the 5v and vref pins, also 12v from the 12v pin in the same cluster on jp1.

Thanks

Ben
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

There might be some corruption with the code. One more thing you can try is to use the bootloader jumper.

I don't know if this is populated on your board but there are 2 pads (or a small 2-pin header) with a 'BOOT' label close to the top of the board. The idea is to connected the 2 pads (or pins) together while power is off and then turn on the unit with those still connected. Once the unit is powered up, you don't need to continue this short and the unit should be in bootloader mode. You could then run the port scanner again and if you see a response on COM8 it should have a bootloader indication. You can then do a firmware update as per your first post.

If you still don't get any response in bootloader mode, contact DIYAutotune again.

Jean
ugp
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by ugp »

Hi Jean

Nothing changed with the bootloader. I'll give DIY a bell.

Thanks

Ben
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

I have sent him a warranty return form.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X