layout drawing needed for MS 3.57 board

A forum for discussing the MegaSquirt related (but non-B&G) board development, assembly, installation, and testing.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

hardline
Master MS/Extra'er

layout drawing needed for MS 3.57 board

Post by hardline »

I am wanting to clean up a friend's MS internal wiring, and am in need of the layout of the CPU input/output pins, the DB15 breakout pins, and the ground/5v pins. That way I can add the addon circuitry as a board with header pins instead of wires going to a messy addon board sitting loose in the case.
2000 ZX2 : Sequential COP, MS3 + MS3X + TinyIOx, PWM Returnless Fuel, Flex Fuel, Variable Geometry Intake Manifold, Garrett GTX2863R .82AR housing @ 15 psi
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: layout drawing needed for MS 3.57 board

Post by DaveEFI »

The connector pin numbers are given in the appropriate schematic.
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.
hardline
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by hardline »

I don't need the pinout, I need the physical layout. I need the pins to line up on my proposed expansion board so there is no rats nest of wires. An eagle drawing would be ideal, but That's really asking a lot of the admins/owners
2000 ZX2 : Sequential COP, MS3 + MS3X + TinyIOx, PWM Returnless Fuel, Flex Fuel, Variable Geometry Intake Manifold, Garrett GTX2863R .82AR housing @ 15 psi
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by DaveEFI »

Both the DB connectors and the DIL socket are industry standard components. You'll find dimensions etc by doing a search.
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.
hardline
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by hardline »

Youre not understanding me.

I need the relative spacing of the header pin holes in yellow.
MS2 Header layout.bmp
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

Without ever having laid hands on one, I'dsay they're *probably* 0.100"; the various Tach Input selector headers and jumpers are all that spacing.
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

I think you guys are not understanding his request. From my understanding, he wants the position of the headers with respect to the board (or with respect to each other) so that he can plug an add-on board. And that information is not available other than by measuring a board or getting the information from B&G.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

If that's the desired info (and it makes sense now that Jean's actually said it!), then a polite note to B&G is probably the best way to go about it. Certainly, they've responded positively to the few requests for dims I've made.
TTR Ignition Systems
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by DaveEFI »

dontz125 wrote:If that's the desired info (and it makes sense now that Jean's actually said it!), then a polite note to B&G is probably the best way to go about it. Certainly, they've responded positively to the few requests for dims I've made.
Ah - I understand now. And I should have done from the first post which was clear enough. Sorry.

What I tend to do is scan the PCB with a flat bed scanner and load the file into a suitable prog for drawing it out. Have a suitable one for the V3 - but not the V3.57.
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

The spacing is 0.100" on the header pins.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
hardline
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by hardline »

Yup, racingminimtl is correct. I know the individual header spacing for each pin, but I need their relative spacing to each other, that way all the holes on the addon board will line up. That is why I was hoping for an eagle drawing, or even just an eagle template. That way I can get the spacing info I need, but the protected info as to how the traces run is not present on the template and therefore the design of the board is still protected.
hardline
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by hardline »

And Dontz, I'll do that here shortly. Do you have a contact person specifically, or just the general questions email on their contact page.
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

'Bruce Bowling' is the account name he uses on this site, so a PM is probably your best bet.
TTR Ignition Systems
hardline
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by hardline »

He got me taken care of