Tinyiox and 3.4.2, simple LC1 config

A forum for discussing the MegaSquirt related (but non-B&G) board development, assembly, installation, and testing.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

micotito
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Tinyiox and 3.4.2, simple LC1 config

Post by micotito »

Simply cannot make it work after 8 hours trying and searching, finally I'm lost.

MS2Extra 3.4.2
Tinyiox 0.2.0
LC1 working with LMProgrammer and local port on megasquit

Can set tiniIOx with TS without problem, Can even put the tinyIOx clock gauge on dash but simply can read AFR

Set serial to read LC1 19200 BAUD
Enable AFR read from LC1
I know I have to cheat so overwrite ADC data is set to enable and number of written values to 1

Questions On basic I/O settings
ADC should be disable as default or enable?

ADC Channels Activation Disable all channels or what channels to enable?

On realtime data display I can see various gaguges to change like clock I can set a ts gauge to clock and see increment on seconds.

But can retreive any AFR.

On MS2 CAN Parameters Groups ADC0-3 and ADC4-7 is set to 4,7,2 both, tried separated.

EGO set to ADC 7 but AFR gauge is stuck on 10.00 and AFR1 gauge from tinyiox is 14.7

I build a 2 feet long cable with 2.5 plugs at each end tip-tip, ring-ring, gnd-gnd. Should I cross cables.?

Any idea? My project folder is attached.

Thank You Very much.
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Tinyiox and 3.4.2, simple LC1 config

Post by racingmini_mtl »

First, your settings on the TinyIOx are correct so you should be able to see the correct data on the AFR 1 gauge. If not, that means you have a wiring problem. The straight through wiring should be the correct one so make sure you have a correctly seated plug on both ends.

Your settings on the MS2 side are not correct. You need to set the offset to 10 for the second ADC group. You have set to 2 so you read the same ADC values in both groups which means you don't read the overwritten value.
offset.png
You also need to set the correct EGO port. You have it set for the local ADC but it needs to be set to Remote ADC7.
ego_remote.png
Once you have your connection to the TinyIOx resolved and the settings corrected, you should be able to have the correct AFR value. Also, don't forget to calibrate the AFR table for the Innovate data if you haven't done so.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
micotito
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by micotito »

Thank you very much for you time.

That 10 on second group offset will do the trick, hope.

Regarding AFR calibration, I got my LC1 programed to 0-5v 10-20:1 AFR, So I got to calibrate AFR table on tinyiox or MS?

What digital info gets MS over CAN bus AFR value or raw data?

Thanks again

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Why have you calibrated the LC1 to that instead of the standard Innovate range (0-5V = 7.35-22.39:1 AFR or 0.5-1.523 Lambda)? Using the standard calibration is the preferred method and I'm not sure what the custom calibration will do to the serial data going to the TinyIOx.

So you should go back to the standard calibration on the LC1 and you will need to calibrate the MS using the Tools menu (Calibrate AFR Table).

The information transferred over CAN is the raw data. That is why you need to do the calibration on the MS and also why you want to keep the standard Innovate LC1 calibration.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
micotito
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by micotito »

Thank you very much. Now It is working without a problem.

I programmed that way my LC1 because of resolution but set it back to default. I've been using this specific LC1 for 6 years and getting great results.

Main problem was with jacks and plugs, I had to cut LC1 Out jack because if I seated firmly the plug the tip shorted to ring. It needed to take back about 2 or 3 mm and started working same thing as with headphones if you push firmly only hear one side and pull back a little start working good. Just cut plugs and jacks and solder wires directly and zero problem now. :D :D :D :D :D