JBperf 4-Channel board with new build v3

A forum for discussing the MegaSquirt related (but non-B&G) board development, assembly, installation, and testing.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

mickeymarrows
Master MS/Extra'er

JBperf 4-Channel board with new build v3

Post by mickeymarrows »

I'm building a fresh V3 board (MS2) and am going to use a v1.1 JBperf 4-Channel Ignition/Injection Driver Board, my question is this: do I need to populate ANY components of the V3 injector circuits?

I know Jean says in his instuctions to leave the standard injector circuits in place and thats what I've done in builds when I've retrofitted Jeans board to an existing fully populated ECU, but for a fresh build can I use leave the entire circuit unpopulated?

i.e is U4 required? etc etc...
'82 Golf GTI ABF 16v MS2 Extra sequential COP
'77 Scirocco G60 MS2 Extra sequential
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: JBperf 4-Channel board with new build v3

Post by racingmini_mtl »

You can leave out all the components of the injector circuits. That will make for a very empty board and heat sink.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
mickeymarrows
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by mickeymarrows »

Thanks for the reply Jean, I posted on here as I didn't want to hassle you :)
'82 Golf GTI ABF 16v MS2 Extra sequential COP
'77 Scirocco G60 MS2 Extra sequential
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by DaveEFI »

I know it sounds good to leave out the bits you don't need. Until down the line you decide you could use one of the injector drivers etc for something else - then can't find the bits. :D
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

DaveEFI wrote:I know it sounds good to leave out the bits you don't need. Until down the line you decide you could use one of the injector drivers etc for something else - then can't find the bits. :D
But you can't use the injector drivers at the same time as the 4-channel board anyway. That only makes sense if you go with an MS3 and MS3X using the same V3 board.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum