TinyIOx and an Innovate TC-4

A forum for discussing the MegaSquirt related (but non-B&G) board development, assembly, installation, and testing.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

TinyIOx and an Innovate TC-4

Post by elutionsdesign »

Working on getting thermocouple data into a microsquirt module running 3.4.2 firmware using TinyIOx. I've enabled CAN, added the TinyIOx to the project properties so it shows up in Tuner Studio and programmed the TC-4 with logworks verifying it is reading the thermocouples. Plugged the serial out of the TC-4 into the TinyIOx and I just don't seem to get any useful information anywhere. Where or what gauges would I be looking at, the GPIO ADC stuff?

Also when I open the project in Tuner Studio I get a CAN device firmware signature mismatch. Current configuration serial signature is the IO extender 0.2.0, the Controller required is MS2extra 342, I just hit connect to get past it and everything seems to be working but is this expected?

I think I'm just having a mental block I can't seem to get past. Anyone help?
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!
gjls
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: TinyIOx and an Innovate TC-4

Post by gjls »

TinyIox can't read tc4 data only innovative wide bands

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by elutionsdesign »

I don't believe that, Innovate uses the same protocol on all the serial stuff as it's designed to be plugged together. I was just playing with it again and now, unlike before, I do have gauges for CAN1 listed in the gauge templates. None of them seems to respond however. Still think there is an issue because of the firmware mismatch message.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

As mentioned, the TIOx only reads the AFR data from the Innovate data stream. The protocol has different formats for different data and only the AFR format is decoded.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by elutionsdesign »

Aww, pooh. It would have been so easy. Jean, any suggestions for this? My client is in Calgary and building some beastly 2 stroke stuff, wants to log the temperature at both ends of the exhaust because he's only making big power when the temps are correct and it runs in the snow.

racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

How many EGT probes is he using? If it's just 2, then you might want to look into using a couple of AD595AQ circuits as per this; you'll also need a standard ADC conditioner circuit. Of course, you'll need to connect them to ADC inputs so hopefully you're not using all 9 on the TIOx.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum