LS style pencil coils

Specifications, applications, part numbers, and prices for various OEM fuel injection components.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

flyguyeddy
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: LS style pencil coils

Post by flyguyeddy »

i know this is an old thread but can someone tell me how close these are to length compared to the short GSXR pencil coils? the bike coils fit my engine perfectly but require those silly threaded post style plugs. i can measure what i have if that helps.
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

Many many spark plugs have threaded-on Raja caps. Unscrew the Raja cap, and you have the silly threaded-post plug.
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
flyguyeddy
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by flyguyeddy »

Many of the spark plug boxes i opened up while working at autozone had no provision for removing the top part off of the stud, unless it was covered up with solder or something.
nismoautoxr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nismoautoxr »

your right. Most accel, champion, and Bosch plugs have removable tips but not all. I agree that its a pain. Suzuki grand vitara,vitara,aerio,esteem,and sx4 coils have rubber removable boots and they accept a standard spark plug and they have built in ignitors so they are very adaptable . If its too long then you just snip it to the desired length. Ive not run across any engines that required a longer boot than they come with. They are 3 wire coils ...power ,ground,and trigger.

https://www.google.com/#q=2005+suzuki+g ... l&tbm=shop
Ricky-
1995 Nissan 240sx, 403 LS strokerv8 N/A 6speed trans
MS3&MS3X v.3.0 PCB
42lb/hr Hi-Z inj.,230/232 @.050 on 114LSA cam
sequential fuel and sequential spark
LS3/LSA card MAF sensor
97 Mazda MX5
MS3 2002 vvt motor
.60 trim T4 Turbo at 15 PSI