Bosch MAP sensor

Specifications, applications, part numbers, and prices for various OEM fuel injection components.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

spandit
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Bosch MAP sensor

Post by spandit »

Just bought a Bosch 0281002510 MAP sensor for use with my MicroSquirt - does anyone know if this will work & where I might find a connector for it?
MicroSquirt V3 MS2/Extra release 3.2.1
Steyr-Puch Pinzgauer 710K
spandit
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Bosch MAP sensor

Post by spandit »

I've been unable to find out the technical data for this sensor. I've found out it's the same as the 0 261 230 049 and the 0 281 002 552 but there is nowhere that these parts are listed alongside the pressure calibration settings. I've set them to 10 and 115 but don't know if this is right (based on the sensor of the same shape in the Bosch catalogue)
Hey_Allen
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Hey_Allen »

Your best bet might be to actually test it and calibrate it that way.

If you get/borrow a hand held vacuum pump, you should be able to apply 15 in/Hg and possibly 29 in/Hg to the sensor and see what MS reads from it when watching the raw data.

Even pulling it down to a few different points should get you an idea what the overall curve looks like, and might help you find a likely calibration table that you don't have to write from scratch!
Josh
-greasy fingered tinkerer
Marek
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Marek »

Just "T" the two together with a bicycle pump and calibrate the new sensor against the old sensor, without connectting to the manifold.

The Australian Bosch website used to have plenty of datasheets which the European sites missed.

The standard Bosch connector is the same as a junior power connector or EV1. It should be easy to find on eBay.

kind regqards
Marek
spandit
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by spandit »

OK, thanks, I'll give that a go if I get round to working on my project again!