Specification on injector seat in fuel rail

Specifications, applications, part numbers, and prices for various OEM fuel injection components.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

W113
Master MS/Extra'er

Specification on injector seat in fuel rail

Post by W113 »

Hi,
Have bought a TBI intake for a V8, nicely made and very well machined.
It also came with fuel rails , which were very poorly machined. No surface finish
at all in the injector plug in holes.
To at least be able to start a test, we had to wrap teflon pipe tape around the injector Orings to stop leaks!!

Does anybody have a "factory " drawing for a fuel rail. I have made a few in copper and used a broach to make 13,35 mm holes that were then chamfered and honed to mirror finish. ''

But this time we want to use fuel rail stock ( D-profile) and machine to the exact factory spec dimensions.

All help appreciated.

W113
If not understood , it will not work
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Specification on injector seat in fuel rail

Post by nathaninwa »

For the 14mm injectors I make rails for,I step drill to 17/32 then ream with a .543 Size from McMastercarr
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
W113
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by W113 »

mini-Pantera Fuel rails cyl 8.jpg
Hi and thanks.

I hope to have these fuel rails replaced under warranty. See attached pic of one suppliers quality control that was not up to par. Had to wrap teflontape over the orings in order to be able to make a test run without the danger of external combustion!

However, i may just make up new rails anyway, will try to get hold of Dshaped or rectangular alu or brass stock .

Best regards

W113
If not understood , it will not work
Hey_Allen
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Hey_Allen »

I don't know if you've already fixed this or not, but I had a friendly machinist ream my injector holes to final dimension with a 14mm straight reamer.
I think I paid ~$20 for the reamer off of ebay, and I see them for as low as $10 currently.

If I remember correctly, he pilot drilled, then full drilled ~3/8". The top round over was a 1/4" round over router bit, and the final bore finishing was the 14mm reamer.

The finish wasn't necessarily mirror polished, but far cleaner than what you're showing.
Josh
-greasy fingered tinkerer