1g DSM CAS on 22re.

Specifications, applications, part numbers, and prices for various OEM fuel injection components.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

1g DSM CAS on 22re.

Post by nathaninwa »

Ive done quite a few MS installs and each one seems to be unique like most other's efi installs. My latest project is MS2Extra on a turbo charged 22re. I had all sorts of trigger options and wanted to keep a square wave signal. So I modded a DSM CAS into the 22re distributor. I tested the ms2 for the first time tonight and spun with a drill the MS syncs and gives rpm signal, flashes the led's in wasted cop. So Im excited in just a few weeks to get this project underway under the hood of the truck.

Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
ramknot
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: 1g DSM CAS on 22re.

Post by ramknot »

i got inspired and already broke apart my distributor , I'm trying to figure out how you modded the distributor to accept the smaller diameter disc..... could you provide additional details?

thanks!
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

Can you elaborate? I gutted the 22re dizzy and turned the Dsm housing down to fit inside. It's running All mitsu stuff However since getting this running, I had to upgrade to the 24-1 wheel since it spins backwards the trigger pattern was wrong and I had weird ignition issues
ramknot
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by ramknot »

Oooo i see you lathe turned the inside and the shaft to fit the disc & bolt assembly.... I was hoping for a minor grind or tap. I got the high res disc already too. I also need to have the efi dizzy, i have the vacumm advance one. I just need to find a lathe savy guy now ....

Thanks
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

I actually drill a hole in the Toyota shaft and turned the mitsu shaft for a few thousands interference fit and presses them together
ramknot
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by ramknot »

this is my take on the MOD , did the same as you. i figured since the toyota rotation is clockwise to flip the disc, and set TDC with the notch on the oposite side.

NOTE: i used 22r carb dizzy has more room to fit DSM sensor inside.
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

Now that's cool! Great work and what an elegant solution for an engine like this