OEM or copies

Specifications, applications, part numbers, and prices for various OEM fuel injection components.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

lekman
Experienced MS/Extra'er

OEM or copies

Post by lekman »

I have quite cheap injectors from E-bay. The seller claims they are OEMs and not Chinese copies. I feel that the engine is misbehaving at low speeds, as when having poor injector spray patterns (of course the course of this could be several other things)
But maybe my injectors are from the left overs when somebody has already selected the best ones when it comes to performance. They weren’t fully packaged.., they were sent to me in open plastic bags, not sealed ones which is the normal packaging. They are Bosch 470 cc, and OEM as the seller says, but weren’t expensive, new ones. Strange that low price.
Im planning to use Chinese copies instead for my next engine, if nobody here advise me not to do so.
I have a couple Chinese and one OEM on my bench now, the Chinese ones are some few grams lighter, 38 and 43 g. –Anybody having experience from Chinese Bosch-copies.
Are they to be avoided?

Regards/Lars
Nitroking
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: OEM or copies

Post by Nitroking »

Just think what will happen if one fails and doesn't inject fuel any more.

Why would it fail? Because it is world known that Chinese use lower quality materials.
Miata NBFL 1.6 (EU), GT2560R, MS2Extra, Zeitronix.
Fiesta 1.25 Zetec-SE, N/A mods, MS3, AEM.
lekman
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by lekman »

Nobody having experience from Chinese ones? I just believe that its a good idea to have several extras and to use the ones that have the most even flow and spray pattern. I wouldn't mind trying the cheap option here, if they are know to work!
Nobody who has tried this, Chinese injectors?

/Lars
BritishV8
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by BritishV8 »

Chinese?

If it were my project, I'd pay a lot extra for new Bosch (German) parts from a reliable source...

unless I were fixing up this kind of "Chinese junk":